RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Do I need an RV pass?

I’m new to the RAGBRAI. We have a group and would like to haul a camper for a cool place to sleep. If we are unable to obtain an RV pass, would this be a huge issue. We already have the regular vehicle pass to prove that we are a part of the RAGBRAI.
Can anyone comment?
Thanks.

4 Replies

KenH, June 6, 2017 at 8:36 am

I can’t recall now if the RV pass was just for motorhomes or if you needed one for camping trailers too. I suspect that you do but it appears that information was only available on this website while registration was open. I can’t find it now anyway. You can ask the RAGBRAI help desk if no one with a better memory than mine answers your question here.

Maybe if you ask nicely you can still upgrade your vehicle pass to an RV pass if one is needed in your situation. I know that they will not sell you a vehicle pass at this point if you did not apply for one before the deadline. I ran into that last year when they failed to include my RV pass in my packet mailing. At first they refused to do anything but once I was able to make them understand that I wasn’t asking for a new one, just asking them to supply the one they had failed to send me in the original mailing they were willing to do that.

If they will not allow you to upgrade, then you will probably be ok but do be sure to do it right next year!

dalen45, June 6, 2017 at 7:02 pm

an rv or bus pass cost a little more than a car pass.
I think mine was $50. a little more than a vehicle pass.
I think you will be alright.

KenH, June 7, 2017 at 7:28 am

I forgot to mention that if the RAGBRAI help desk tells you that you need an RV pass but they will not let you upgrade yours at this point then you can try to snag one from those whose plans have changed and are selling theirs. I sense that the competition for vehicle passes is much more intense than it is for individual wristbands but if you are diligent about checking for sale posts and quick to respond you might be able to get one. Once you have it in hand you can then sell your vehicle pass to someone trying to get one but I would wait until I had it physically in my hands, just to be safe.

Lindsey Miller, June 10, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Thanks for the info. All is helpful as we are newbies at this. I should have bucked up the extra $10 to begin with… Lesson learned…

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLV – 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI