RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party set for Friday, January 28! Get your tickets

Do you have a mileage goal to reach before RAGBRAI?

Do you have a mileage goal to reach before RAGBRAI?  Mine is 5000 miles.  What’s yours?

37 Replies

“Bicycle Bill”, February 3, 2012 at 8:51 pm

ST, I compose my message in the little box at the bottom and then click post.  If I see that I’ve goofed up or misspelled something I click on “edit” and make my corrections or changes.  It’s all good.

Seriously, though, are you trying to compose your post on something like MSWord and then import it to here?   If so, that’s probably where your problem is coming from.  The board does not seem to support all the high-falutin’ tricks with font, indent, color, format, and everything else that you can get away with on a word processor program.

-“BB”-

tryan, February 3, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Just a comment on altitude fitness. Humidity really has an impact.

With motivation most people can ride a bicycle for 100 miles; however, I belive it is more about your abiltiy to comfortably sit on a bicycle seat for hours.

Maybe the best training for long distance riding is to sit on your bike while watching TV.

Kentucky Husker, February 4, 2012 at 3:12 am

My mileage goal = 908 miles.

Distance from my house to Sioux Center, IA.  Any cycling miles will just mean I’m a little more prepared.

Sandaltan ., February 4, 2012 at 8:20 am

“Bicycle Bill” said: ST, I compose my message in the little box at the bottom and then click post.  If I see that I’ve goofed up or misspelled something I click on “edit” and make my corrections or changes.  It’s all good.

Seriously, though, are you trying to compose your post on something like MSWord and then import it to here?   If so, that’s probably where your problem is coming from.  The board does not seem to support all the high-falutin’ tricks with font, indent, color, format, and everything else that you can get away with on a word processor program.
-“BB”-

I copy and pasted one sentence from an email to use as reference and then retyped that sentence in the forum box.   Then I highlighted and deleted the copy and paste sentence and hit the Send Post button.    Shazammm……the hieroglyphics were still there and could not be edited out no matter how many times I attempted.

RIDE RIGHT   The weather forecast for BRRRRRRRR looks exciting, are you going Beebs????

timmer, February 4, 2012 at 11:14 am

I try to get in 500 to 700 before ragbrai

“Bicycle Bill”, February 4, 2012 at 11:56 am

Sandaltan said:

The weather forecast for BRRRRRRRR looks exciting, are you going Beebs????

I was signed up to go, but the weather forecast for freezing rain and snow scared me off.  Not that I think I couldn’t have handled the ride itself under those conditions, but I didn’t want to wind up on the newscasts as “one of hundreds of travelers stranded in Iowa as an early February blizzard shuts down the central part of the state”.

I *DO* have to be back to work on Monday!

-“BB”-

Homesuds, February 4, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Jan 453 miles ( it was crazy nice weather)

Feb 300 miles (unless the weather stays nice)

Mar 600 Miles

Apr 800 Miles

May 1000 Miles

Jun 1000 Miles

Jul 400 miles ( prior to RAGBRAI)

Viewing 7 replies - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI