Registration deadline extended to April 15 for weeklong rider, weeklong non-rider, and vehicles passes!

Dorm or other indoor camping options–any?

I don’t see the ride overnighting in any college towns this year. Is anyone aware of any overnight dorm options or other “indoor camping” options this year? Kind of disappointed that we’re not stopping in Storm Lake, as it has Buena Vista University. So: any YMCA gyms? High school gyms? Anamosa State Penitentiary? (I already have a charter and a nice tent, but it’s nice to have an indoor option once or twice along the way, especially if they have laundry.)

3 Replies

Uncle Kraig, April 7, 2021 at 12:54 pm

Iowa Falls is a college town and I already saw one of the charters is selling dorm rooms at the University. Additionally, Fort Dodge and Waterloo are big enough towns that as recently as a couple weeks ago there were still hotel rooms available. I imagine there still are if that is of any interest. Good luck, see you in July!

Sandaltan ., April 7, 2021 at 6:53 pm

Amazing that Fort Dodge hotel rooms would be available in late March. There are many more hotel rooms in Waterloo/Cedar Falls with a metro population of 170K vs Ft Dodge at 24K. This may well be another sign of a low turn-out for this year’s ride.

RIDE RIGHT

Uncle Kraig, April 8, 2021 at 12:10 pm

Sandaltan – I just checked a few minutes ago out of curiosity, still rooms available today. Not sure what that implies really, but you’re right, rooms are usually long gone by now. Maybe riders are waiting a bit longer to firm up plans, make sure they have the full vaccine, etc?? See you in July.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI