Double Cross July 19 – 31, 2021

Looks like we can do the Double Cross next year! Iowa’s Ride will do the same route as they were going to and the week before RAGBRAI. Routes are perfect for a double cross! Maybe I should start training now for that!

3 Replies

Bernard Schwartze, May 19, 2020 at 6:41 pm

Amanda, that is great news. Reading the announcement it sounds like it will be a little more austere than originally planned but the Great Iowa Forth and Back (FAB Ride) is still an option. I hope to meet you and all the other Forum Regulars there.

Looks like we can do the Double Cross next year! Iowa’s Ride will do the same route as they were going to and the week before RAGBRAI. Routes are perfect for a double cross! Maybe I should start training now for that!

Jboz, May 19, 2020 at 7:14 pm

Having recently joined the ranks of happily retired, my schedule now allows for the double cross/FAB. I am most definitely in.

KenH, May 20, 2020 at 10:17 am

I’m glad to see that TJ is keeping his hand in the Iowa bicycle ride game. There are certainly other states that would welcome his leadership on rides but I suppose his heart is in Iowa now and it will be difficult to move him. It sounds like a good plan, it sounds like you will actually be riding with TJ in fact! That and the other changes to the ride will make it a lot more like the first few RAGBRAIs so it could be a chance to recreate history in a fashion. If it succeeds then I suppose that the ridership will grow and it will become more like the modern version of RAGBRAI so act now if a smaller ride suits you! If all goes to plan I will be retired by then but I fear I would still have trouble getting two weeks off in a row so I think I will miss this one. Maybe I could do the 2022 ride instead of RAGBRAI, that would have some scheduling advantages for my team. But, I will continue to do RAGBRAI mostly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015