Downloadable routes

Just wondering if anyone has posted downloadable routes for this years ride yet? Like to plug them into my GPS.

17 Replies

KenH, July 3, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Alan_50501

You don’t say exactly what you are having trouble with so I am going to assume you know how to load gpx/tcx files into your Garmin once you get them. I assume you are having trouble getting them and I think I know why.

When I go to the “The Ride” menu at the top of this page and select “2019 Route Maps” I get the page where you can see the pdf maps and get links to the other maps. The PDF maps have been updated to their final form with the mileage chart, btw, so check them out if you have not noticed that yet. When I click on the helpful link to get to the gps files I get a People for Bikes Ride Spot page with a map. Just a map, no obvious way to download any gps files.

However, if I log into my Ride Spot account first, then click on one of those links I get the map again but underneath the elevation profile at the bottom of the map is a blue oval button that says “Save”. Click on that button and you can select gpx, tcx, pdf, or save to my routes. I recommend the tcx files if you want turn by turn, gpx does not have them, or at least gpx does not provide them on my computer. The pdf option is of interest to those of you who like old fashioned cue sheets.

So, I think the key and the problem that you might be having, is that you must create a Ride Spot account and log onto it before you get the option to download the gps files. If you have not done that yet, give it a try.

Alan_50501, July 3, 2019 at 4:38 pm

I cant seem to get them into my GPS do I need to be on a computer? I get message sending failed

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015