Registration is open for RAGBRAI L!

Dream Ragbrai

Since the latest record breaking lottery winning, I have been fantasizing about how I would do Ragbrai differently had I won. The more I think about it there is little I would change. Maybe have my own jet to take me to the start town and pick me up at the end. Even that, though, I enjoy seeing the countryside as I drive out. I enjoy choosing my own campsite and pitching my tent. So, I can’t think of much I would change. Anybody care to share their perfect Ragbrai if money were no concern?

19 Replies

jwsknk, December 19, 2018 at 8:04 am

[quote quote=1297531]Yeah, sorry about that. In fourteen years of riding Ragbrai and reading this forum I’ve never seen as lively or polarizing discussion than the e-bike topic. Anyway, back to this thread…my ‘money or time is no object’ Ragbrai would come situated in the middle of a cross country ride. I’ve heard about a few people that have been able to do this and I think it would be awesome.[/quote]

that first day of RAGBRAI with all the people took a lot of adjustment, after so long only seeing very few people during the day from LA to Iowa. Then the day the ride is over and everyone else is packing up to go home, and you are scouting a camp site and a place to do laundry tomorrow on your day off before heading on to DC. Then getting out there and missing all the vendors along the route and the pass through towns stands. And where did all the people go?

Melinda Blankenhorn, January 27, 2019 at 11:59 am

Not one single thing. As a widow, it is the highlight of my year and keeps me moving year-round. I love it just the way it is. Go Team Goat!

Melinda Blankenhorn, January 27, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Maybe make sure they have those hand-washing stations at every Kybo. Those are nice.

Gypsy Rose, February 2, 2019 at 9:25 am

I know this thread has been around for a while, but, while following another thread, this thought occurred to me.

I wish that Day 7 wasn’t so much of a rush to the end.

Cheers,
~ Kevin

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI