The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Driver needed for small group

We are a small group in need of someone to drive our support vehicle along the route for us this year. The vehicle is small pick-up and small 4×8′ trailer. We have four week-long riders and a couple jumping in for a day or two. Great opportunity for someone who wants to experience being a support driver. We are pretty laid back, past the age where we party too hard but too old to quit riding! Or, if you are on a support team for another group but are not responsible for driving, you could jump in and just get our vehicle from town to town. Veteran riders. One of us rode RAGBRAI VI and one rode RAGBRAI VII and any number of the ones in between then and now. We would really appreciate any help.

3 Replies

ROBERT ANDERSON, April 17, 2018 at 5:50 pm

Am I blackballed if I offer to drive 1 day?

ASevern, April 18, 2018 at 9:24 am

I’m interested. At 80, I’m a bit old to ride the entire route. Rode Ragbrai 5 times, 2006-11. Big question: where are you coming from (I’m from Colorado). And what are your overnite arrangements?

alansevern@comcast.net

ASevern, April 18, 2018 at 9:26 am

I’m looking to drive for a small team of older riders. Would like to learn more about overnite arrangements, travel to/from start/end, etc.

alansevern@comcast.net

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014

RAGBRAI XLI – 2013

RAGBRAI XL – 2012