Driving from PA to IA

Three of us from the Philadelphia area were planning to rent a car and drive to Lansing in one long day, arriving on Friday 21 Jul. We’d leave the car in the long-term lot, then take one of the charter service shuttles to the ride start at Orange City. Overnight in Lansing on the return and head back to the Phila area early on Sun 30 Jul.

Seems my riding partners have had a change of heart about RAGBRAI, so I’m looking to link up with a couple of folks from the SE PA area to share the cost and the driving duties. I think we are limited to a total of three since that’s what my bike rack can carry and we’ll need some space in the car for a couple of bags each.

Please PM me if any interest.

Charlie
“Mandrake, do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?”

This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Charlie S.

4 Replies

SFC JKL 2, April 10, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Check your mail.

Gary Mitzel, April 13, 2017 at 9:48 am

Updated some info in pm

Niles, April 13, 2017 at 11:58 am

If you don’t like to drive long distance, you may like to join our team Bike Blue Hens, whose majority of members are RAGBRAI veterans but I’m a 3rd year newbie. We have a bus to take our bike and luggage from Wilmington, DE to Iowa and back. While in Iowa, we’ll have a local driver and mostly likely we’ll have host families on overnight towns. You can choose to ride with the team so to make your daily luggage handle easy or you can just use our bus to transport your bike and luggage to/from Iowa.

If interested, let me know and I’ll get you in touch with the person who is in charge.

Charlie S, April 13, 2017 at 12:42 pm

Gary —

Thanks – I had no idea something like that was an option. I’d very much like to explore it a bit further, so please let me know who I should contact.

This is my first RAGBRAI, so there’s a lot I need to learn.

Thanks again.

Charlie

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015