RAGBRAI LI Weeklong and Day Passes available until 7/5!

ElliptiGo Riders

Once again  trying to recrute fellow Elliptigo  Running biker’s  to do Ragbrai this year.  I did Ragbrai on my ElliptiGo  running bike last year and it was a blast..

This year should be even better,I  converted my ElliptiGo  rear wheel to a Rohloff speedhub 500/14. So hopefully 14 gears will better then the 8 I had last year.

4 Replies

trapace, January 12, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I had to get a picture for the folks back home of your bike.  I wondered how the week went for you regarding the hills, length, etc.  I’m glad it was a blast.  See you next year.

Tony, January 12, 2012 at 6:17 pm

You will see all sorts of contraptions on RAGBRAI. Its one of the interesting things about the ride. That said, You would be better off doing your recruiting on a blog or forum for the contraption or runners. There you could recruit folks that already own the device to come to Iowa for the ride.

Michrider !!!, January 13, 2012 at 6:25 am

A few years back, a couple was seen riding a couch-pedaling contraption.  I don’t know how far they rode but it looked cool!

tryan, January 13, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I kind of like the undulation…..~~.. Imagine your favorate movie or TV actress –~–~

Seriously, is this more efficient than a bicycle?  I have ridden them and I don’t think so.

On the positive side, I like the name. There is absolutely no impact on joints (Disclaimer: Not yet – can you say hip replacement?). Well, any cardio is good!  Could you do this 500 miles, hats off!

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters