Join Us in July - Register Today!

End town shuttle – Des Moines arrival

Hi all. I have what is probably a pretty basic question that I’m sure lots of folks can answer.

In the past, I’ve driven from my home in PA to the RAGBRAI end town, then shuttled west to the start town. This year, I’m thinking about flying, which will mean getting from the airport (likely Des Moines – my carrier of choice does not offer flights to the Quad Cities area) to Keokuk. How do folks do this? I see that a central IA bike club/charter offers a Des Moines pickup in conjunction with an overnight stay in the town they’re based out of. Surely there must be other Des Moines to Keokuk shuttles though?

5 Replies

Uncle Kraig, April 24, 2019 at 11:40 am

Nearly all the larger charters offer some type of bus shuttle to/from DSM to the start and end towns and back. Pork Belly Ventures comes to mind as one that certainly offers shuttles to and from DSM to the end and start and back. Good luck, see you in July.

Uncle Kraig, April 24, 2019 at 11:42 am

One question, am I missing something? Why do you need to from DSM to Keokuk? Wouldn’t you need to go from DSM to Council Bluffs (to the start) then, a week later from Keokuk back to DSM??? Not sure why you would need a shuttle to the end town from your arrival point?

jwsknk, April 24, 2019 at 12:11 pm

go up to the top to The Ride. then over to Services. down to Charter Services. look for the town you are flying into/out of, Sounds Like Des Moines ones are the ones you want to look at.

Charlie S, April 24, 2019 at 12:46 pm

[quote quote=1302899]One question, am I missing something? Why do you need to from DSM to Keokuk? Wouldn’t you need to go from DSM to Council Bluffs (to the start) then, a week later from Keokuk back to DSM???[/quote]Doh! I was too focused on what I usually do. Uncle Craig, you are right, this time I want the to get to the start town since I don’t have a car waiting for me at the end of RAGBRAI.

Let me put the question another way: Is a charter with a Des Moines pickup the only option – there are no independent shuttle services from DSM to Council Bluffs (and return to DSM from Keokuk?)

jwsknk, April 24, 2019 at 12:57 pm

I think Bike World has just bus out and back option.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters