eyeglasses

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for sunglasses when you wear prescription eyeglasses.

21 Replies

schultz6, February 3, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I also have Liberty Sports Rx sunglasses, in the Chopper model.  Medium amber tint, polarized, that I can even see in low light or rain.  Best investment in glasses I’ve made since the early 80’s.  The extra magnetic side shades can be put on and have been helpful when downhill skiing.  I’ve never felt these glasses were going to come off my face when at top speed.  Great glasses for the price. 

http://www.libertysport.com/products_detail_sun.asp?codeprod=1200&codecolo=412

oscar, February 4, 2012 at 7:55 am

The last time I got new glasses my wife suggested I have the eye doctor tint my older ones. I did not know they could do that. It was only $20 and I was very happy how they came out. Wore them on last year’s ride and was much better than having regular sunglasses while also carrying my bi-focals in one of the rear pockets.

Phil1961, February 4, 2012 at 8:06 am

I have two pairs of Maui Jim’s and they are fantastic!

Just Krusin, February 4, 2012 at 10:20 am

I’ve worn glasses since 7th grade, kinda used to them by now, and contacts probably aren’t an option, can’t teach old dogs new tricks I guess but i use the frames that have the magnetic clip on sunglasses, the ones that have the magnets on the temple end of the frame not on the nose piece, very stable but downside is I carry a small case to put the sunglass lenses in when not in use, but that fits in my seat bag.  Several years ago on RAGBRAI we started out one day in a heavy fog and I discovered that the glasses fog up between the lenses and sunglass lenses so I had to stop and take them off, no big deal.  I’ve asked about the transition lenses but several people have said they don’t tint well in cars and they still need other sunglasses when driving.  I f I need mine in the car I just slide the sunglasses on and the magnets lock the lenses in place, slick.

Amanda, February 4, 2012 at 4:56 pm

I found my Nike sunglasses today, along with a pair I lost two years ago. Can’t wait to try these out with my bike. Soon, soon!!

cjprince, February 4, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I got a pair of prescription motorcycle glasses.  The brand is WileyX.  I got the AirRage model.  They came with a foam gasket that snaps into the frame and fits up against my face.  It keeps the wind & dust completely out of my eyes.  They are fantastic.

http://www.wileyx.com/MOTORCYCLE/index.aspx

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015