Fate of RAGBRAI “Training Rides”?

I wonder when the RAGBRAI “training” rides will announce delays or cancellations (Bacoon Ride, The Big Rove)? Some of those are more then 2 months before RAGBRAI. But easier to cancel so a shorter lead time to decide. RDaryl just sent me a note saying the Pigtails has been bumped to August 8th. I’d guess the other 2 would make similar postponements as their dates approach. And they would be compatible with school being in session. RAGBRAI obviously would not be.

This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by mootsman.

This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by mootsman.

2 Replies

RDaryl Daryl, April 2, 2020 at 8:10 pm

I am sure we will be informed of the details of the Iowa Bicycle Coalition/Iowa Bicycle Action Fund social charity rides with enough time to plan our ride experiences.

As with all of life’s events in this season of uncertainty, I suggest we focus on taking advantage of each day to get out on a ride and do other productive activities. I find no benefit to worry about future events I cannot control.
If our summer bike rides get cancelled, somehow life will go on.

Last year’s big worry involved how E-Bikes would potentially destroy RAGBRAI.
I am sure 2021 will bring another emotionally charged subject.

I recently started to go through so old photos and forward copies to friends.
Another suggestion is to call a friend you have not talked to in a while. Share some memories over a conversation rather than a series of texts, e-mails, or social media posts.

Hopefully we all get through this season creating unique experiences resulting in memories we can share in the years to come.

Peace-
RD

mootsman, April 8, 2020 at 9:13 am

The Bacoon Ride just posted to FB a note encouraging riders to register. A good sign they intend to go ahead with the ride.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015