Register for day passes through June 1, 2022!

First time Ragbrai rider from KCMO area looking for a charter or ride

This will be my first Ragbrai ride and I live in the KCMO area. Does anyone know of charters that will go from KC to Council Bluffs then from Keokuk back to KC?

I have not decided if I want to use a Charter during the week or just use the Ragbrai provided campground, transportation etc.

3 Replies

Roger White, February 22, 2019 at 12:29 pm

We have a charter from Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa area and have spots available. You would have to drive to Waterloo and return to KC, but there is free parking all week and full services with the charter. We have other riders from Missouri right now.

Uncle Kraig, February 22, 2019 at 1:12 pm

fatboy – Welcome to RAGBRAI you are going to love it. I used to live in OP and there are a lot of people from the greater KC area that ride RAGBRAI. I dont know of any charters that head up from there but lots of teams and people do. Post here again as the ride gets closer and I’m pretty damn sure you will be able to work out travel arrangements both to and from the ride.

As for charter vs. RAGBRAI truck and campground, really up to you and your budget. I’ve done it both ways and so much of it depends on what you are looking for out of RAGBRAI. I would encourage you to do it different ways over time. You will learn so much this first year that will help you plan in the years ahead. Enjoy it and good luck with the transportation.

Nicholas Lohman, March 12, 2019 at 7:22 pm

I’m from Iola, KS and looking to drive up to the KC area and join up with a charter to the start and then back to KC from the finish. Following this thread . . .

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI