RAGBRAI LI Registration is Now Open!

First time with a camper

We are taking a camper this year from Webster City to Anamosa. Do I need to register the camper? I have a place to park in Cedar Rapids but need a spot in Webster City, Marshalltown and Anamosa. Any suggestions?

3 Replies

RonB, May 30, 2012 at 12:07 pm

You are supposed to register vehicles/campers, but registration is closed so you’d have to buy a vehicle pass from someone that already has it.
Otherwise, I don’t know how closely these are checked. Worse case, you wouldn’t get to go into the “official” campground and would have to find a place on your own. I wouldn’t think that would be too hard, but never tried it.


RonB, May 30, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Hum, my post didn’t post? I’ll try again
You are supposed to have a vehicle pass for your vehicle/camper, but the registration date has passed. If you want one, you’ll need to purchase one from someone that already has purchased it. Should be doable.
However, I don’t think vehicle passes are checked too often (or so I’m told). Best case, no one checks and you can park wherever you want. Worse case, you can’t go into the designated parking area and will have to find your own spot, which I wouldn’t think would be too difficult.


Sandaltan ., May 30, 2012 at 1:14 pm

The posting “flash to bang time” here is sometimes quite lengthy.



You must be logged in to reply to this topic.


RAGBRAI L – 2023




Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found


Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI