Join Us in July - Register Today!

First Year

This is my first year, nd so excited. A friend of mine did it last year, and I followed it on the web. Looks like a BLAST, so I thought  I would give it a try.
Got my bike last Saturday and can’t wait. Hope to meet so great people.
I won’t know anyone this year, but hopefully that will change for next year:)
Lots of training to do  :)

212 Replies

HwkIFan, February 15, 2011 at 9:51 pm

First timer…but have wanted to ride RAGBRAI since joining in AF in 88.  Finally might get my chance.

Michrider !!!, February 16, 2011 at 7:06 am

october1165 said: What time of a mornimg do you all start riding?

The girls and I will probably start riding in the 7 to 7:30 am range.

pHIlo, February 16, 2011 at 7:39 am

Oct sez:  What time of a mornimg do you all start riding?

Philo sez: between 6 and 8.  I’m thinking of a couple of starts after 9 this year … see how the other half lives!

jwsknk, February 16, 2011 at 8:38 am

october1165 said: What time of a mornimg do you all start riding?

8-9, maybe later if we run into a resturant of coffee shop on the way out of town. Left SC about 10:30 after breakfast. Got behind the crowd for awhile .

helenheart, February 16, 2011 at 8:39 am

8am – that’s last call for the Rag Baggage Truck and I’m on Left Coast Time

knees36, February 16, 2011 at 10:06 am

october1165 said: TATTOOS!!!? do they come with beer and PIE? I wonder if a corn leaf had been used once or twice through the years.  

October…I can vouch for “buttonweed”, also known as Velvet Leaf, being used.  Very soft leaf…single ply, usually bigger than a small sheet of tp! 

“Bicycle Bill”, February 16, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I usually had my alarm clock set for 4:30 or quarter to five.  By the time I got my tent down, my stuff repacked and stashed in the baggage truck, and my water bottles topped off, I was ready to hit the road around 6:00 AM.

-“BB”-

october1165, February 16, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I’m hopeing to start between 6 and 7…. I just didn’t want to start to early or to late.
Looks like I will get to see some of you and hopefully ride with you for awhile :)

JuliS2403, March 14, 2011 at 2:27 pm

october1165 said: This is my first year, nd so excited. A friend of mine did it last year, and I followed it on the web. Looks like a BLAST, so I thought  I would give it a try.Got my bike last Saturday and can’t wait. Hope to meet so great people.I won’t know anyone this year, but hopefully that will change for next year:)Lots of training to do  :)

Hi October1165, This is my first year too. I SAGed with my husband last year due to a back injury. I bought my bike two days after we got home from RAGBRI last year. Then I had a bike accident in Sept and broke my pelvis. I was back on the bike in 8 weeks. I truly started ridding again in January. I’ve been counting down the days. Hope to see you there. 

october1165, March 14, 2011 at 2:40 pm

JuliS2403 said:

october1165 said: This is my first year, nd so excited. A friend of mine did it last year, and I followed it on the web. Looks like a BLAST, so I thought  I would give it a try.Got my bike last Saturday and can’t wait. Hope to meet so great people.I won’t know anyone this year, but hopefully that will change for next year:)Lots of training to do  :)

Hi October1165, This is my first year too. I SAGed with my husband last year due to a back injury. I bought my bike two days after we got home from RAGBRI last year. Then I had a bike accident in Sept and broke my pelvis. I was back on the bike in 8 weeks. I truly started ridding again in January. I’ve been counting down the days. Hope to see you there. 

Good for you!!!! I can’t wait to meet you too :) Enjoy training :)

Michrider !!!, March 14, 2011 at 3:20 pm

october1165 said:

JuliS2403 said:

LMO, I’ll be sitting on the curb with a beverage for you!

october1165, March 14, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Michrider said:

october1165 said:

JuliS2403 said:

LMO, I’ll be sitting on the curb with a beverage for you!

Oh, Mich I can’t wait to have a seat next to you on a curb… :)

october1165, August 24, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Well, my first year is over, and I met a lot of great people. I did get to meet a guy from Iowa that is on here, but can’t remember his name. I got to meet Michrider and HelenHeart, both of you are a treat :) It has taken me a while to even want to get on here because, I was ticked at some of the things I went through.
Day one, Gleenwood… hot,hot,hot,…and the group I signed up with had no cold water! :( again… hot,hot,hot. Day 2, sick,sick,sick! Bless the guy how rode with me to make sure I made it to camp..gotta love him :) Day 3 much better ride. Camping sucked, the rest of th week.
After, all was done, I have decided to do it again next year:) Can’t be this bad next year. By the way ” I did it, all 7 days and not once did I fall off my bike” woohoo :) !!!

Sandaltan ., August 24, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Good for you Ms. October, riding seven days through that heat and hills and willing to do it again………..woooooohoooooo!!   A RAGBRAI Regular in the making.

RIDE RIGHT

Michrider !!!, August 24, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Great job Little Miss October!  I’m already looking forward to meeting up with you again next year!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 196 through 210 (of 212 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters