RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

Food availability

Hello! I have heard from several sources (charter companies mostly) that there is some concern about there being sufficient food available in the pass-through and overnight towns this year due to the atypically large number of riders. Does anyone know if there’s any validity to this and if so if anything is being done to mitigate the issue? I am of course planning on bringing snacks etc with me on the ride but wasn’t planning on having to pack full meals for the week. Thank you so much for your help!!!

4 Replies

Andrew Berman, July 5, 2023 at 1:14 pm

I can’t speak to this year in particular, but the year I rode (2018) there was WAY more food than I ever expected. Before the ride, I had purchased bike snacks that I never even touched. I actually gained weight on the ride!

Uncle Kraig, July 5, 2023 at 1:25 pm

There will be plenty of food, you can scratch this off your worry list. If we were to eat a whole town out of its entire food supply, we will no doubt be resorting to cannibalism in the next overnight town. So, be in shape and be ready. Only the strong will survive to Davenport :)

This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Uncle Kraig.

tcoffman, July 5, 2023 at 1:30 pm

I’m going to try and gather things throughout the day for tent dinner if possible. I would guess people who sell food items are going to want to make as much money as possible but we shall see.

AMaliar, July 5, 2023 at 5:42 pm

There are always road kills if you’re desperate. Don’t know about cannibilism, Uncle Kraig.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters