Join Us in July - Register Today!

Forum Member Party (sans Hooligans)

I guess Wednesday is the shortest day – so we will be planning on meeting that evening somewhere.

Closer to the time I will collect cell phone numbers via PM if you want to join in – ALL welcome, even lurkers but not bandits.

nwiabiker – meet you at 1pm!!!
Sprocket – bring the wife
bigron – bring a map
ky – there will be kurbs – don’t worry
philo – are you gonna stand me up again?
hooligans – don’t call me, I’ll call you
tony – bring the rye
xoxoxoxoxoox

253 Replies

pHIlo, February 15, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I don’t know about the masses, but this mass can’t keep up that 23-25MPH pace all day like you youngins… at least not on the bike I’ll be riding on Rag.

Tea time sounds about right!

jwsknk, February 16, 2011 at 8:33 am

tee time? getting in a quick 9 after the ride?
3-4? still 2-3 hours out of town (15-30 miles)

helenheart, February 16, 2011 at 8:36 am

jwsknk said: tee time? getting in a quick 9 after the ride?3-4? still 2-3 hours out of town (15-30 miles)

You’re gonna be drinking tea, pcheb???

Don’t worry Skunky – I’ll have your cell number! Or maybe that day you can cancel the 2 hour, 10am breakfast and actually wake up and ride! xo

pHIlo, February 16, 2011 at 5:39 pm

helenheart said:

You’re gonna be drinking tea, pcheb???

Nope, doubt it!  Tea time is after four for all you Émigré

Sandaltan ., February 16, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I doubt there will be any tea drinking at Helen Heart’s Hooligan Rendezvous.  I predict a memorable experience.

RIDE RIGHT

helenheart, February 18, 2011 at 8:30 am

I like the rendezvous title ST – it has a nice ring to it!!

Where ARE my Goat-Loving-Hooligans??

They’ve not been around for ages.
Heeellllloooooooooo………..

pHIlo, February 18, 2011 at 8:34 am

I used to live in a Goat Locker … does that count?

Sandaltan ., February 18, 2011 at 8:44 am

I have never been invited into a goat locker but I have been invited to an East Texas Goat BBQ.  The Goat BBQ was an awesome event, high society, East Texas style.  Hopefully Helen Heart’s Hooligan Rendezvous Roman Numeral One will be such memorable event.

RIDE RIGHT

knotbury, February 18, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Rest easy Helen we are still tending our flock here in the Manchester foothills. Yodelayheeee

Pirate Brewer, February 27, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Can someone summarize this?  I went through the four pages of posts and it looks like the meeting is at the Gigglin Goat in Boone, was that the final decision?  What time is this meeting?  I see 1:00 but I see it might be moved later?  I assume these meeting gather only where beer is available?

Michrider !!!, February 27, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Pirate Brewer said: Can someone summarize this?  I went through the four pages of posts and it looks like the meeting is at the Gigglin Goat in Boone, was that the final decision?  What time is this meeting?  I see 1:00 but I see it might be moved later?  I assume these meeting gather only where beer is available?

Yes, your correct, there is usually beer involved! 

Amanda, February 27, 2011 at 4:55 pm

I doubt if I’ll be in Boone by 1:00 ~ so giggle without me!

Michrider !!!, February 27, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Amanda said: I doubt if I’ll be in Boone by 1:00 ~ so giggle without me!

I don’t think the 1:00 PM time is firm.  By about 1:00 PM, I that expect that the girls and me will be sitting on a curb, with a Budweiser in my hand, about  half way to Boone!!!!!

knotbury, February 27, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I am looking forward to the summary! I suspect that it may read like the rules of cricket :- The Rules of Cricket You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out. When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a m?an goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

What time should those who are not invited arrive ? ;-)

Michrider !!!, February 27, 2011 at 5:29 pm

knotbury said: I am looking forward to the summary! I suspect that it may read like the rules of cricket :- The Rules of Cricket You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when he’s out he comes in and the next man goes in until he’s out. When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a m?an goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

What time should those who are not invited arrive ? ;-)

Is there an “invited” list?

Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 252 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters