Join Us in July - Register Today!

Forum Member Party (sans Hooligans)

I guess Wednesday is the shortest day – so we will be planning on meeting that evening somewhere.

Closer to the time I will collect cell phone numbers via PM if you want to join in – ALL welcome, even lurkers but not bandits.

nwiabiker – meet you at 1pm!!!
Sprocket – bring the wife
bigron – bring a map
ky – there will be kurbs – don’t worry
philo – are you gonna stand me up again?
hooligans – don’t call me, I’ll call you
tony – bring the rye
xoxoxoxoxoox

253 Replies

Sandaltan ., February 27, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Seems to me that the Gigglin Goat set up shop in the parking ramp on the main street of Boone last time I rode through there.  I spent a couple hours in that parking ramp…good food, cold drinks…shade…chairs…music…even a couple of curbs.  That would be a good place to meet.  Keep an eye on the Boone web site when it comes up and maybe that will tell us more.  Additionally, I have an operative in Boone that will keep me posted when decisions are made public.

RIDE RIGHT

RIDE RIGHT  

Sandaltan ., February 27, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Knotbury, I love your Cricket rules…good show…cheerio old sport.
RIDE RIGHT

Amanda, February 27, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Does cricket have cheerleaders like our Football? Just curious . . .

McBiker, February 27, 2011 at 8:18 pm

No cheerleaders, but they do have mascot named Jimminy

McBiker, February 27, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Incidentally, I was a hooli once, but I promised my mother I would never be a hooli-agin

Michrider !!!, February 27, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Amanda said: Does cricket have cheerleaders like our Football? Just curious . . .

We got football and we got cheerleaders, ain’t this a great country!!!!!

“Bicycle Bill”, February 28, 2011 at 2:45 am

Cricket?  Football?  Soccer, even??
BAH!!
You’ve not played team sports until you’ve tried 43-man Squamish!

-“BB”-

Fourfold, February 28, 2011 at 9:38 am

Helen I am terribly sorry, please forgive me I have been on holiday and forgot to ask your permission.
Anyway the good news is that I survived my week on the piste in Italy and am now looking forward to a similar sounding activity in Iowa.

giantron, March 1, 2011 at 4:22 pm

helenheart said: I guess Wednesday is the shortest day – so we will be planning on meeting that evening somewhere.

Closer to the time I will collect cell phone numbers via PM if you want to join in – ALL welcome, even lurkers but not bandits.

bigron – bring a map
tony – bring the rye
xoxoxoxoxoox
HAHA!  And a GPS for you my dear!!

pHIlo, March 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm

helenheart said: I guess Wednesday is the shortest day – so we will be planning on meeting that evening somewhere.

bigron – bring a map

tony – bring the rye

xoxoxoxoxoox

HH, those are some pretty tall odds … are you gonna invite any gals?

Amanda, March 1, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Helen – you aren’t getting all the guys to yourself! I’ll be there!! And I’ll bring Ms October, Gyna, Hot Donna and the rest of the girls!

I’m sending you my cell phone number.

FarleyBob, March 2, 2011 at 9:21 am

I would like to attend as well! However, I never get to the overnight town very early. There is just too much fun to be had on the route!

october1165, March 2, 2011 at 10:06 am

Amanda said: Helen – you aren’t getting all the guys to yourself! I’ll be there!! And I’ll bring Ms October, Gyna, Hot Donna and the rest of the girls! I’m sending you my cell phone number.

Amanda, I can’t wait!!   :)

helenheart, March 2, 2011 at 10:49 am

I sure wish I had never printed that list! At the time – I just fired off a few people’s name attached to a couple of inside jokes! 

nwiabiker and I started waaay too early for me to maintain any semblance of sobriety into the early evening, sprocket turned up with the best wife ever (no offense everyone else’s wives), bigron and i had to consult a map, so he could help me navigate home, philo stood me up – so I’m still gonna make him pay for that one, ky doesn’t need an explanantion and dear tony can’t drink rye anymore – so it was another lame joke and the hooligan thing………..well keep up if you haven’t figured that one out. xo
Anyhoo – please everyone come to the Giggling Goat on Wednesday. It will be wonderful to see the old faces and meet the new ones 
Probably 5-ish, eh?
I had said PM me your cell number and I’ll send out a text on Wednesday – but it seems like some want to pin it down right here, right now – I’m good with that – I’m a planner!
July is right around the friggin corner!!!
xoxo

jwsknk, March 2, 2011 at 11:00 am

HH said ”  PM me your cell number and I’ll send out a text on Wednesday”

but this is Wednesday….cell ph # 515-000-0000
and the 5 ish at  the Gigglin’ Goat, real time not Skunk time? (5:30 or so)
somebody find me on the road and drag me in. Or as our RAGBRAI business cards said one year “Jim — is a member of Team Skunk,if found, please point in the right direction.”

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 252 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters