RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Forum Question: Searching the Forum?

Is there a way to search the forum? I’m trying to track down a thread I posted in a while back to find someone in my area to train with. I can’t remember what the thread topic was. The guy lives in/near Newton Kansas, but I’d like to be able to see a list of threads I posted in anyway.

5 Replies

mentor58, April 24, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Do a google search for: “shawndev site:ragbrai.com/forums” (minus the quotes). That way it will limit it to the forums section of Ragbrai. Bingo…. all the posts you’ve ever made.

Steve

jwsknk, April 24, 2012 at 12:27 pm

wow, just learned someting from the mentor, there is a way to search !. So does that work with a subject too, like if I did beer site:ragbrai.com/forums would I get all the Kaintuck Kurbb Crawlers posts? :)

mentor58, April 24, 2012 at 12:40 pm

jwsknk:
wow, just learned someting from the mentor, there is a way to search !. So does that work with a subject too, like if I did beer site:ragbrai.com/forums would I get all the Kaintuck Kurbb Crawlers posts? :)

It would get every forum post with the word ‘beer’ in it. What it does is limits google to just that particular site. No way to limit it to just author or subject line, but it’s WAY better than trying to find it by just searching through the archives. (and yes… I think using “beer” as your search term will get all of MichRiders posts) :)

shawndev, April 24, 2012 at 12:47 pm

You da man Mentor!

Michrider !!!, April 24, 2012 at 1:22 pm

jwsknk:

Hey, I resemble that comment!!!!!!!!!!!

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI