Getting from Ending town to mid week town

With this being our 15th year, I feel we have the logistics of RAGBRAI fairly well sorted. Of course, when every you think you have everything figured out, someone throws you a curve ball. I have a couple people that can only ride the last ~3 days. Does anyone know of options to get them from Keokuk to I am guessing Centerville? Or to get them from Keokuk after the ride ends back to Centerville?

6 Replies

jwoodrum, March 11, 2019 at 5:53 pm

Heh, I’m in the same boat. I can only do part/half of the ride this year and was looking to start in C’ville as well. I have relatives in Keosauqua, but I didn’t want to ask them to shuttle me from the ending town to the middle without finding an alternate form of transportation first. (they’re older) I’d be more than willing to pay $100-150 for a ride.

3 Pedal, March 18, 2019 at 9:30 am

I have confirmed we have 2 people that will meet us in Centerville and finish the ride form there. I don’t know if you can work something out with them.

Herschel, March 19, 2019 at 9:23 pm

We may be able to help as in my daughter and friend are also starting in Centerville so will leave a vehicle there and need a ride from Keokuk. I was thinking of taking the Tahoe back but could use the motor home if there are enough riders.

DenBiker, March 20, 2019 at 1:00 pm

Just a thought for all those wanting to start somewhere in the middle of Iowa and riding to the end —

You might be better driving to your starting point, leaving your transportation there and riding to Keokuk. On Saturday there will be lots of people headed back west who might be willing to give you a lift back to your transportation. Mid week there might be a few going from Keokuk back west each day but on Saturday there will be a whole lot more.

Herschel, March 22, 2019 at 7:13 am

We may be able to help as in my daughter and friend are also starting in Centerville so will leave a vehicle there and need a ride from Keokuk. I was thinking of taking the Tahoe back but could use the motor home if there are enough riders.

My daughter has decided to not start at Centerville so we will not be travelling there from Keokuk. Sorry for getting your hopes up. I guess it was too perfect.

3 Pedal, March 22, 2019 at 8:26 am

Oh well, the search continues.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015