Register for day passes through June 1, 2022!

Getting into Lansing

I’ve been looking but haven’t found anything in the forums yet about how the wife and maybe kids can get into Lansing to pick me up. I have read things about some of the towns on the last day only allowing locals in. Is there anything official on this or is it everyone for themselves?

Thanks Bob

3 Replies

KenH, June 15, 2017 at 8:05 am

Your family will be able to get into Lansing. There could be a traffic jam but they will not be denied access. We, our support vehicles, and our rides home have to be allowed access to the end town. The ride does not work if that is not true. They have not come out yet but at least a week or two before the ride starts the maps for support drivers will be released on this website. Make sure your family downloads and prints out the map for the last day. It will show the routes for support vehicles to access Lansing.

Access to Harper’s Ferry will be restricted to locals only and that is what you have heard about. I think the deal is that both towns are fairly small compared to the amount of bike and motor vehicle traffic the last day of RAGBRAI generates so a well thought out and tightly controlled access plan is needed to make sure everything flows as smoothly as possible. I cannot guarantee that the plan is well thought out, I don’t even know what it is yet. But I encourage everyone to comply with the plan because end days at other small towns in the past have been a bit of a traffic disaster. I am sure they have learned something from those experiences and we need to follow the plan they have devised from those lessons learned to give that something the best possible chance of making our lives easier that final day.

Bob Kidd, June 15, 2017 at 9:01 pm

As always thanks for the great advice Ken.

jwsknk, June 19, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Not official yet, but I have heard that Highway 9 from Waukon is the support route in

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLV – 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI