Join Us in July - Register Today!

GHOSTRIDER

What is a ghostrider?

10 Replies

NathanZ, June 28, 2011 at 2:05 pm

To “ghost” a race/ride/whatever means to participate without officially signing up. I assume that is meant here.

gymrat, June 28, 2011 at 2:08 pm

NathanZ-Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I thoughts so. How does RAGRAI control the ppl who do not pay to ride?  Is this fair to the other participants?

gymrat, June 28, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Chrissy said: NathanZ-Thank you for your reply.  Yes, I thoughts so. How does RAGBRAI control the ppl who do not pay to ride?  Is this fair to the other participants?

Michrider !!!, June 28, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Chrissy, see Bandit thread!

https://ragbrai.com/forums/topic/what-is-riding-bandit

gymrat, June 28, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Thank you, Michrider

jwsknk, June 28, 2011 at 3:38 pm

A Ghostbike is one painted white and put out at the scene of a fatal bike/car collision like roadside crosses, flowers or other memorials.
And if RAGBRAI could figure out an answer to your question about how to controll bandits…it would reduced the ride by half near bigger cities and probably cut a couple thousand everyday.

gymrat, June 28, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Thank you jwsknk…i am a newbie and my boyfriend is riding bandit. i feel uncomfortable with his decision.  i have tried to get him to change his mind and i cannot!!  anyways, I FINALLY FOUND A TICKET TODAY!!!  Yeah!  So I can ride and be proud!! :)

Sandaltan ., June 28, 2011 at 6:51 pm

The Little Stoker keeps telling me that women are smarter than men and I should just accept that.  The evidence keeps mounting.  Accumulating I meant to say.

RIDE RIGHT

toadhead, June 28, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Sandaltan said: The Little Stoker keeps telling me that women are smarter than men and I should just accept that.  The evidence keeps mounting.  Accumulating I meant to say.

RIDE RIGHT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is7FKcywuhI

gymrat, June 29, 2011 at 7:58 am

Thank you everyone for your comments!  This was a ride that my bf originally wanted to ride-not me.  I am a fitness competitor and I rarely ride bikes.  All my extra time is spent in the weight room.  I actually don’t even own a bike.  (I know this is pathetic!!!)  My knees are bad from years of power tumbling.  Anyways, I am the one now that wants to ride safe and he is absolutely against buying my way and his own for that matter.  He is stubborn and doesn’t care. I am not going to worry about it anymore.  My focus is positive thinking!!   I bought a wristband last night and I am going to train hard and have fun at RAGBRAI 2011!  See you all there!!  :-D

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters