HAWAII LODGING OFFER for ride MINNEAPOLIS to ONAWA, DAVENPORT to CHICAGO

ALOHA ALL! I live on the BIG ISLAND of HAWAII and need some ride help. I need to get me and my bike from Minneapolis(Richfield) to Onawa ride start on Saturday and the from Davenport to Chicago. Maybe no bike with me Davenport to Chicago. I have a vacation rental which I can deal for some good help! I have good references from people who helped in past RAGBRAI and you can see the vacation rental on Craigslist. Thanks for reading this, jon

8 Replies

Jon Hopcia, May 2, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Jon Hopcia, May 5, 2018 at 2:11 pm

Still looking for options….

Jon Hopcia, May 16, 2018 at 10:24 pm

I’m still looking for options….!

mootsman, May 17, 2018 at 6:53 am

Being you are going from/to airports your best but not cheap option is going to be 1-way car rentals. The odds of finding anyone wanting to go to Hawaii from those 2 towns and is on RAGBRAI, not great.

To Onawa you’d rent 1-way to the Sioux City (Sergeant Bluff) airport. After dropping off your gear at camp early Saturday you get ride-ready and drive back to the airport with your bike and ride back the 32 miles after dropping the car.

On the Davenport side someone would have to get to the Enterprise car rental before noon to pick up the car. The only car rental place in Davenport open on Saturday has limited hours, 9-12. Of course you can leave RAGBRAI a day early and do the same in Iowa City. Not sure how your shipping the bikes though.

Yeah, it costs a bit. But RAGBRAI will be such a good time you’ll think it cheap at twice the price.

Jon Hopcia, May 25, 2018 at 1:33 pm

I’m still looking for options please

Barry Schnoor, May 25, 2018 at 3:05 pm

Might be able to get you from Davenport to Chicago. I’m hoping to camp in Davenport Saturday night to hit the road Sunday morning. Does that work? PM me and we can work out details.

Phil Stearney, May 26, 2018 at 3:29 pm

Jon –
I can help if you still need it – but only on the Davenport to Chicago side. This is my first Ragbrai and I plan on doing the whole route. I am from the Chicago area and my wife is planning on driving me to the quad cities early on Day 0 (or maybe the day before) and then picking me up again on the following Saturday afternoon when we are done. PM me if you are interested. Or if you want to just touch base and keep it an option, that is fine too. Phil.

Tropictrev, June 28, 2018 at 3:15 am

Hey Jon, checking in that you got sorted for the end portion. PM me if not. Mahalo, Jean

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015