RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

Help! My Wife Wants to Follow Along

My wife would like to follow along as her father and I do the ride all 7 days. However, we are not sure what we need to get for her. She needs to register for a non-rider pass? Correct? What does the non-rider pass get her? Can she come to campsite and all of the events?

Also, she needs to get a vehicle pass if she wants to drive along the route right? I’ve heard these are hard to get, especially if you are just connected with 2 people (you need a minimum of three correct?). Any ideas on this would be appreciated. She would most just like to drop in and say hello at the overnight towns or in some of the pass through towns along the way. We are first timers and are not very good at this…THANKS!

2 Replies

CyclingRoberto, May 26, 2012 at 8:52 pm

She will need the vehicle pass if she’s carrying your gear and you are going to camp together. The vehicle route is separate from the rider’s route. Every day there is a designated meeting town so that drivers and riders can meet. Usually around middle of days route. At this point, you will have to look for someone selling a non-rider pass and vehicle pass. Shouldn’t be too hard to obtain. Actually, this sounds pretty cool to me, and I think you should count yourself a lucky man.


Sandaltan ., May 26, 2012 at 9:14 pm

Some support vehicle operator safety info to study:



The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.


RAGBRAI L – 2023




Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found


Clubs, Teams & Charters