RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

Hope I can do it this year.

Well, after 3 years of riding the full week long RAGBRAI’s, I may have to miss 2015. I have a pinched nerve as a result of a herniated disk in my neck. I’ve been doing spinning classes on a regular basis with no problems. I plan on riding the road as the weather improves here along the coast in south Texas. Just not sure if I’ll be able to do RAGBRAI this year.

6 Replies

Sexton, March 13, 2015 at 8:22 pm

I hope you make it too!
I did it last year then found out I had ridden it with a torn rotator cuff.
See you in Sioux City!

beckrbeckr, March 13, 2015 at 8:35 pm

Sorry to hear of your pain. Hope you get better and can make it to Beaumont this year. I’ll be looking for you.

John L, March 14, 2015 at 6:38 am

Clue, You can do it. Just take it easy and see how it goes. We missed 2014 after going for 3 straight years….I missed it BADLY last year. We will be there. Let’s meet for a beer!

Michrider !!!, March 14, 2015 at 6:42 am

getaclueblue: Well, after 3 years of riding the full week long RAGBRAI’s, I may have to miss 2015. I have a pinched nerve as a result of a herniated disk in my neck. I’ve been doing spinning classes on a regular basis with no problems. I plan on riding the road as the weather improves here along the coast in south Texas. Just not sure if I’ll be able to do RAGBRAI this year.

G…blue, I feel your pain! Good luck getting back on the bike!!! I missed last year because of Lefty-2.0 (knee replacement). After another surgery in January (bone spur), I’m working to get back into shape. I may be better at riding than walking by July but I’ll be there!!!

Sexton, March 14, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Who wants to form a team? I have the name; Broken Men!

LawnchairMan, March 15, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Sounds like it’s time to get a recumbent. I have arthritis in my neck so it hurts to lift my head on a diamond frame. I have my headrest set so I can rest on downhills and straightaways, but in tight spots I can lift off to look to the sides. With my head back, it’s so much better to see the whole panorama in front of me instead of just fifteen feet of road ahead. Come on over to the light side! Your butt will thank you too!

Oh, have you checked with a chiropractor? Mine helps my neck a lot. An adjustment could take the pressure off the disk.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI