Hotel in Clinton

Does RAGBRAI release information about where in Clinton the ride will be ending? I’m wondering how to negotiate a room in Clinton. I will be handing over my bike at the end for shipping and will need something within walking distance.

Anyone know what the process is?
Thanks for the help!

6 Replies

jwsknk, February 2, 2012 at 3:31 pm

probably River View City Park, north of the baseball stadium, at least last time it was there. Things can change like last year because of flooding.

rjjensenia, February 2, 2012 at 4:09 pm

jwsknk is correct. The  ride will end at the Clinton Riverfront Park near the baseball stadium. You can take that to the bank even if there is flooding because of the dike built after the 1965 flood.

As far as motels nearby there is only one and it is about a mile away.  It is called Travel Inn and is located at 302 6th ave south. Phone 563 243 4730

All other motels are on the SW end of town and are 3 or more miles away from the baseball stadium. 

“Bicycle Bill”, February 2, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Speaking of the stadium, the Clinton Lumber Kings will be in the middle of a six-game home stand that weekend and are scheduled to play the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (the Brewers’ Class A affiliate) on Saturday night.  We finished in Clinton back in 1994 and I seem to recall that they gave any RAGBRAI rider with a wristband free admission to the Saturday night game that year; I wonder if they will do it again.

-“BB”-

roggie, February 3, 2012 at 7:32 am

hotel room . you can call most of the main  hotel lines we have them here. as of the flooding problem . that wont happen in clinton . a long time ago we put up a flood wall to keep the city safe.

rjjensenia, February 3, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I vote the lumber kings should have a free admission on Saturday.  It only makes sense.  Of course only my opinion.

If I had my druthers the ride would end in NORTH Clinton at the “LYONS” riverfront. A ride in on Main street. Hi-way 136….. but not likely   Elvira instead….
rjj
rjj

rjjensenia, February 3, 2012 at 5:19 pm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015