Join Us in July - Register Today!

Hotel info for Davenport

Check out some of the great hotel info for Davenport:

6 Replies

JimmyMac, January 30, 2011 at 2:36 am

The Black Hawk Hotel that just reopened in downtown Davenport is not listed on that site. It’s a huge hotel with many rooms located less than a mile from the dipping spot. 

Source: Lives in downtown Davenport!

1988 Hawkeye, January 30, 2011 at 9:19 am

JimmyMac said: The Black Hawk Hotel that just reopened in downtown Davenport is not listed on that site. It’s a huge hotel with many rooms located less than a mile from the dipping spot. 

Hey Jimmy, do you have any idea how close the dipping spot is to 1201 Canal Shore Drive SW, Le Claire (the Holiday Inn by the river)?  Thanks

JimmyMac, January 30, 2011 at 11:27 am

Hey Hawkeye! This will more than likely be the dipping spot.

It’s not too far. Traveling their by bike you would want to be extra careful as the river path along Iowa side ends about 3.5 miles East of the dipping site. After that you take a somewhat busy street. Your pretty much golden once you get past Bettendorf.

Tony, January 30, 2011 at 12:07 pm

The Holiday Inn in LeClaire is at the base of I80 bridge. Hy 67 is a 4 lane here. I ride Hy 67 frequently. It is safe. I’m assuming you want to ride too LeClaire. From downtown Davenport ride the MRT (Mississippi River Trail) to Bettendorf. It ends at Leach Park. Exit the park on 12th St. You can take this to State St (HY67) turn right. This is a high traffic area. But is frequented by cyclist. Stay on HY 67 till you get just past Alcoa. You can then turn left on Valley Dr if you not comfortable continuing on HY 67. As I said HY 67 is traveled frequently by cyclist. It has wide shoulders. It is safe. If you turn on Valley Dr. stay on it till it comes back to HY 67. Turn left on HY 67 go 200 yard turn right onto Canal Shore Dr. continue under the I80 bridge. The hotel is just on the other side of it. If you stay on HY 67 you will see the Marina on the right just before the I80 bridge. Follow the above directions after turning onto Canal Shore Dr.

1988 Hawkeye, January 31, 2011 at 11:46 am

Thanks for the great info, guys!  Happy Monday!

pHIlo, January 31, 2011 at 12:15 pm

1988 Hawkeye said:

JimmyMac said: The Black Hawk Hotel that just reopened in downtown Davenport is not listed on that site. It’s a huge hotel with many rooms located less than a mile from the dipping spot. 

Hey Jimmy, do you have any idea how close the dipping spot is to 1201 Canal Shore Drive SW, Le Claire (the Holiday Inn by the river)?  Thanks

Depending where the dip is ~17 miles

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters