How will we find out?

I’m assuming RAGBRAI will email us? I can hardly wait!

Already making plans to get to Onawa in July. Anyone know when the news will break? I know, I know…it’s tomorrow. But WHEN tomorrow?

Thanks

35 Replies

James Hauze, May 2, 2018 at 10:55 am

I think I figured out what happened to us then. I used the team that we had from last year, but five people who signed up last year didn’t try this year. There were only two entries in reality. I saw a note about ‘closing’ the group. I’m guessing because their names were still in there we didn’t complete the process. Lesson learned I guess.

FastEddy, May 2, 2018 at 1:13 pm

Just found out my group wasn’t “closed” so I wasn’t even entered into the lottery. Some members from last year didn’t apply this year. The problem is now solved but what an unnecessary hassle. They say that I should receive a wristband number in a week or two.

Keith Lippincott, May 2, 2018 at 2:25 pm

I am a newbie to the process. No email or listing in my profile. Registered in November

hnschipper, May 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm

Yep – if you have people still in your group who did not register this year, that likely created an issue. The instructions for groups says to remove any group members who have not registered. So those of you who registered as part of a team, and your team did not get in, were there riders from previous years who did not register this year and were not removed from your group?

https://ragbrai.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/GroupContactManageGroup.pdf

KenH, May 2, 2018 at 5:57 pm

I see that what you say is clearly stated in the instructions, yet my group of five closed without errors and got wristband numbers even with one member who did not register this year. HE didn’t get a number of course but those who paid and registered did. For certain you are left out if your group didn’t get closed. Either we got lucky or non-registered members are not an issue.

Viewing 5 replies - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015