I need beer for the ride, how have you gotten beer in the past?

Hello All!

This is my first ragbrai and I am wondering how I can get beer and have it ready for me when I get to the campsite. I know quite well that when an event comes to town, especially a small one, all of the stores sell out of beer and I’d like to support some towns along the way by selling out of their beer too ;). I am not looking to do a charter service and I know they sometimes do this for their customers but I’m wondering if there is something similar but only for beer? Are there many people that are willing to help out in this way? Can you or do you know someone who can help out in this way? I will pay in order to have this done, just not sure how people have done it in the past.

20 Replies

Kevin Beeman, June 27, 2018 at 7:57 pm

Way back in the early days locals would have impromptu keg parties by the roadside.
In those days if you could say you were 18 that was good enough. I’ve had many locals
share beers with me countless times. If you want real Iowa hospitality sign up with an
overnight host.

Nico ZZZ, June 28, 2018 at 12:51 pm

Our small team never turns down a chance to have a Bloody Mary! We prefer to hit the local joints, so we will hit your place! Best Bloody Mary operation I saw last year was the bartender lining up plastic cups half full of ice and vodka. Pay, grab your cup, and then go over to the Bloody Mary Construction Site (big table with lots of elbow room for those of us making our beverage) and throw whatever you want into the glass to personalize and perfect your beverage. It was so fast and simple.
Also make sure your signage outside is up high screaming out Bloody Mary, higher than 6 feet, so it can be seen across the waves of cyclists walking their bikes through town. Have your door open if possible, so people know your place is open for business. I look forward to enjoying a Bloody Mary or two at your establishment very shortly!
Ride On!

Tiffany Giehls, June 28, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Come to the Hills Angel’s camp.Look for our bus.Well give u several beers cold!

ak2outside, June 28, 2018 at 6:38 pm

oh, bloody mary bar. Mimosas in the morning, tequila sunrise and screwdrivers.
This is going to be a great ride!

Kelli Libby, June 29, 2018 at 6:38 pm

I don’t know why you’re opposed to a charter but most of us carry coolers full of ice cold beer for when you hit the over night towns. As for the in between towns they also have gallons of beer. Stop by Lost and Found Adventures and check us out I’ll buy you a beer!

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015