RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

In Need of Driver for the Week

Hi there!
My family of 6 are meeting up to do RAGBRAI 2018 for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Our driver fell through and so we are seeking a driver to drive our RV between host towns for the full week of the ride. It will be my parents, my sister and her two adult kids, and me riding for the full week. We will be seeking hosts in the hosting communities so we can hook up the RV (AC!), use showers (meaning no need to dump the RV tank during the week), and request a bed in the house for the driver (so no awkward RV sleeping arrangements). :) If you are interested in experiencing RAGBRAI, but aren’t into the actual riding part, then this is a great opportunity to be a part of the action without the saddle sores ;) If you’re interested, please reply to this post. If it sounds promising, then we can communicate off-line and discuss logistics (e.g.,remuneration for daily costs, travel, etc).
Thank you!
Jill

5 Replies

Alan Severn, May 4, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Sounds interesting. Having done Ragbrai 5 times, your plans sound great. At age 80, my best riding days are in the past, but I’d like to have the Ragbrai experience once more.

I have a bunch of questions. Most important: what cities are your group coming from? I live in Colorado Springs, and my elderly car doesn’t want to drive to/from Iowa. Do you want to rendezvous each day at the meeting towns? Is there space in the RV for my bike?

Let’s discuss via email: alansevern@comcast.net

Jill Gannon, June 25, 2018 at 12:40 pm

Hello!
My family and I are seeking a driver for the week of RAGBRAI. We are a family of six, including father and mother (76yo), two daughters (44 and 50yo), and two granddaughters (19 and 21yo). We are riding together to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary. We have a 31′ RV. I have submitted applications to the host communities for home-stay accommodations (i.e., park and electrical hookup of the RV for use of the RV AC, use of house showers, and a bed inside the house for the driver). We are looking for a reliable person with experience and ability in driving a large vehicle, such as this RV. We would ask the person to drive the RV from host town to host town during the full week of the ride. Other than that duty, the driver will be able to enjoy all that RAGBRAI has to offer, without the need to pedal 500+ miles!!! So, if you love the RAGBRAI experience but don’t want to, or aren’t able to, ride this year, PLEASE consider being our driver! We had a driver lined up, but he just informed us that he can no longer do it. So, with only three weeks until the great event, we are desperately seeking someone. Please contact me if you are interested in being our driver, or if you have any suggestions for finding one.
Thank you!
Jill

Jill Gannon, June 25, 2018 at 12:49 pm

I forgot to mention, we will offer compensation $$ for driving!!! Also, we will work out getting you from your location to the start of the ride, as well as from the end of the ride back home.
Thanks!
Jill

James Schroeder, June 26, 2018 at 11:21 pm

Hi Jill,
I will be riding on my own and my wife might be interested in being your driver so we can still enjoy ragbrai together. We have some questions – please email me at jandmkschroeder@hotmail.com.
Thanks,
Jim

Brant, June 29, 2018 at 10:18 pm

If your still needing someone I might be interested. I have a Class B w/air brake commercial liscense. I’ve done ragbrai a few times so I know what it’s all about. email at vroc7907@yahoo.com

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI