IOWA Ride(Dubuque) to RAGBRAI(Clinton) Parking situation.

I am thinking about doing both ride, but many of us will face the same situation: I will need to leave my van in Clinton, two weeks before ragbrai is over. park on July 11th, from there, head back up to Dubuque and begin pedaling all the way to Rock Rapids, once I get there, find my way down to Ragbrai on the day of the Expo and pedal my way back to my van. our cars will be alone for two weeks periods. I will be nice to find a place that we can keep are vehicles safe

6 Replies

tjdale57, January 27, 2020 at 3:21 pm

Looking at doing both rides also. Parking is a concern. I was also wondering if anyone is offering a shuttle service either between Clinton and Dubuque or between Rock Rapids and LeMars? Certainly riding between those towns is an option if you are equipped to bag it. But if not you are stuck doing one or the other ride.

wrj, January 27, 2020 at 6:26 pm

I’m also looking for long term parking (9 days) of course there is long term at Clinton airport but a little pricey. When Ragbrai gets closer, hopefully a cheaper option Ragbrai related will be offered.

ESchiers, February 25, 2020 at 5:49 pm

Dubuque has set up a two-week parking option, but I’m hearing crickets from the Clinton planning committee. Has anyone received any updates on the RAGBRAI side for parking?

tjdale57, February 25, 2020 at 7:20 pm

Have not heard about Clinton parking but Bikes To You is running a shuttle from Clinton to Dubuque. So they must know of two week parking plans in the making. You can drop off your bike and gear in Dubuque, drive to and park in Clinton, and take their bus back to Dubuque.

Maria Hensel, February 26, 2020 at 10:14 am

Hi there! I posted yesterday about parking in Clinton. My home is directly across the street from the bike path in the North end of Clinton. We can do extended parking at our home if needed. We have a large lot in a safe neighborhood. Depending on the day, we could possibly do a drop off in Dubuque (without bikes) if needed. Please contact me if you have any questions. email is mortega63@yahoo.com

This reply was modified 8 months ago by Maria Hensel.

Maria Hensel, February 26, 2020 at 2:11 pm

I have been getting some email’s from the @ragbrai.com">info@ragbrai.com email. It does include your name, but please include your email in your response to me so I can contact you directly. If you have not heard back, I am replying, but it may be going to the @ragbrai.com">info@ragbrai.com. Happy to hear from you all!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015