RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

Is Helen watching?

Ya know Helen is out there watching what we say about her!  Beebs, be careful, very careful!!!!!

18 Replies

giantron, November 19, 2011 at 8:46 am

She is watching!! (Sorry couldn’t figure out how to downsize this pic)

She’s still riding in merry old England since they’re having one of the warmest falls on record. Now there’s a lucky chap wouldn’t you say?

Michrider !!!, November 19, 2011 at 9:38 am

giantron said: She is watching!! (Sorry couldn’t figure out how to downsize this pic)

She’s still riding in merry old England since they’re having one of the warmest falls on record. Now there’s a lucky chap wouldn’t you say?

Just the other day, she asked my how to keep her fingers and her ears warm! I suggested gloves and a hat! Then, she called me a Smart  A.ss!!!!

Sandaltan ., November 19, 2011 at 11:53 am

The British sense of humour need some understanding.   Don’t labour over it or allow it to colour your judgement.

RIDE RIGHT

“Bicycle Bill”, November 19, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Michrider said:

giantron said: She is watching!! (Sorry couldn’t figure out how to downsize this pic)

Just the other day, she asked my how to keep her fingers and her ears warm! I suggested gloves and a hat! Then, she called me a Smart  A.ss!!!! 

Geez, mich, you must be drinking too much of that Clydesdale juice and it’s starting to affect your brain.  I could have come up with a much better idea than that.

And giantron … if you don’t know (or can’t tell) the difference between a chap and a bird like Helen, I feel even more sorry for you!!

Lastly, Helen *IS* alive and well, riding her now unboxed bicycle and enjoying the unseasonable warm weather in Wales; in addition, she *MAY* be watching.  I got a message from her the other day, and she tells me that she “can barely cope with looking at the forum – it doesn’t help me at all”, although she does know that “it has become the lamest, most boringest forum ever!!”  I did write back and tried to tease her into stopping by here a bit, if only as a lurker, until such time as she has settled in a bit better and feels like putting her oar into the water around here again.

-“BB”-

Michrider !!!, November 20, 2011 at 8:57 am

“Bicycle Bill” said:

Michrider said:

Geez, mich, you must be drinking too much of that Clydesdale juice and it’s starting to affect your brain.  I could have come up with a much better idea than that.

And giantron … if you don’t know (or can’t tell) the difference between a chap and a bird like Helen, I feel even more sorry for you!!

Lastly, Helen *IS* alive and well, riding her now unboxed bicycle and enjoying the unseasonable warm weather in Wales; in addition, she *MAY* be watching.  I got a message from her the other day, and she tells me that she “can barely cope with looking at the forum – it doesn’t help me at all”, although she does know that “it has become the lamest, most boringest forum ever!!”  I did write back and tried to tease her into stopping by here a bit, if only as a lurker, until such time as she has settled in a bit better and feels like putting her oar into the water around here again.-“BB”-
Beebs, I’m willing to bet that she’s LURKING, over there in Jolly Ole England!

giantron, November 20, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Yeah Beebs, I couldn’t remember what the British slang for a girl was. I should have known it was a bird!

Zinger, November 22, 2011 at 8:38 am

Well, if you are watching, Helen, I’m heading to San Francisco in March and would love some advice on where to stay and not to be missed sights. If anyone else has suggestions, they are welcome too. Plan to be in town about 4 days before heading up to wine country.

jwsknk, November 22, 2011 at 8:41 am

Zinger, biking from SF to Napa area? Been there, done that. You coming to the route announcement? Could slip you a copy of the maps if you want.

Zinger, November 23, 2011 at 9:24 am

We will be doing some biking in San Francisco and Napa Valley, but mainly I’m running my first trail 10K in Bothe-Napa Valley State Park. We plan to rent bikes to ride across the Golden Gate Bridge and then later to tour Napa Valley. Looking for the best bike rental places and hotel ideas.

We plan to be at the route announcement. See you there!

Michrider !!!, November 23, 2011 at 9:52 am

Zinger said: We will be doing some biking in San Francisco and Napa Valley, but mainly I’m running my first trail 10K in Bothe-Napa Valley State Park. We plan to rent bikes to ride across the Golden Gate Bridge and then later to tour Napa Valley. Looking for the best bike rental places and hotel ideas.

This is Helen’s Inn, at the top of some CA mountain, where she worked!

jwsknk, November 23, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Zinger said: We will be doing some biking in San Francisco and Napa Valley, but mainly I’m running my first trail 10K in Bothe-Napa Valley State Park. We plan to rent bikes to ride across the Golden Gate Bridge and then later to tour Napa Valley. Looking for the best bike rental places and hotel ideas.

okay, know a couple people in SF, can check with them. For Napa maybe a place in Davis?

Sandaltan ., November 23, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Take warm clothes Zinger, it is cold and windy on the bridge even in the summer.   Plenty of bike rental places on the San Fran side of the bridge but it is high rent district.  Maybe bike across the bridge, bike to the ferry and take the ferry back.  Have fun and be careful on the 10K trail run.   Easy to twist an ankle.

RIDE RIGHT

Michrider !!!, December 16, 2011 at 10:40 am

I know she’s watching cause she gave me H.ELLL for posting this!

<font color=”#35349a”>http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12674956/cycling-explained</font&gt;

Michrider !!!, January 27, 2012 at 9:32 am

Helen is on her way to Spain, or some such place!!!! How do we post pics????

Has the route been announced yet?????

helenheart, January 27, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Alright KY – you made me look. Happy?
Whoa – lots of changes going on around here and no PMs!! Maybe it has something to do that I received a few hundred PMs a few weeks ago. What a pain it all is for the forum team.
So – for the 6 people left on this forum who know who I am, I’ve been persuaded to write an update. For the rest of you…my apologies!
I didn’t make it back in time for school, so I have yet another Gap Year, but in Sept I will be attending Yale, (in Wales). Boy it sure sounds funny to be saying i’m going to Yale. It’s founder is the same guy who ‘your’ Yale is named after. That year at Yale will prepare me for University, and I’ll have 4 years there – Yikes.
I have rented a gorgeous Welsh Cottage and am very very happy not working and biking most days, as it’s been a very mild winter thus far.
KY is correct -I fly to Spain tomorrow to volunteer for this company. I send you the link, incase there is anyone who wants to give it a try – it sounds like a hoot.
Watch the video at the beginning to grasp what goes on
http://volunteers.grupovaughan.com/vaughantown
No more Rags for me until my education is complete, by which time I will be o so ready to return.
I miss my home and my life, but I have to start here now and try and move on, so keeping off the forum has been a help – but I do miss it and all my forum family.
Hope this isn’t too long – I have no way of knowing till I hit send!!!
Kisses
Always
Helen xoxoxo

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters