RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Is it too late for charters?

Are charters filling up? Is there any way to know which ones are full, and which ones are still open? Assuming there are still open spots, what kind of timeframe should I be thinking about so I can be assured of signing with one? I’m kind of hesitant to sign up for a charter service until after the lottery. And how exactly does that work- since they all state that you need to be a registered Ragbrai rider in order to use the service, but you have to sign up for the service prior to knowing?

5 Replies

CyclingRoberto, March 17, 2012 at 8:57 am

Brancel still has room. I’ve used them 5 times, and this year will be #6. Great group.

CyclingRoberto, March 17, 2012 at 8:58 am

I use Brancel, and I’m sure they still have room. This will be my 6th year with them. Great group.

Tony, March 17, 2012 at 9:12 am

Jboz the QCBC will start excepting applications from non club member and members that registered through the lottery May 1. You must provide your wristband number to be excepted. Other charters have been excepting registration now. Most will be filled soon. If you fail to get selected in the lottery you receive a refund or they attempt to get you a wristband from cancellations.

http://www.qcbc.org/ragbrai

Michrider !!!, March 17, 2012 at 3:25 pm

CR is correct Brancel does a very good job. I traveled with them in 2007. Bob Brancel is a great guy! I’ve never traveled with Tony’s QCBC group but I’m sure they do a good job! However, my favorite charter is Pork Belly Ventures. If you don’t get selected in the lottery, they will help you find a wristband! Check them out at!

http://www.pkbelly.com/

dennis the bald, March 17, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Perhaps you’re looking for a club to sign up with, get your bracelet and the “charter” in a one stop shopping? Our club has room for more people, and I think there are a couple days left to sign up.

That said we are not at all a charter, we charter a bus from downtown Des Moines
to the start and home from the end. We rent a truck and hire a driver to carry luggage every day (and the bikes on the two saturdays). But nobody in our little group is gonna want to set up your tent for you, well maybe – I mean ya never know how things might turn out. We don’t meet in the halfway towns.

But if you wanna ride the whole way, set up your own tent, and split the cost for the bus you can probably sign up with our club. PM me and I’ll get you into with Nancy, the club president, if your interested.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI