RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

It’s the RAGBRAI 2022 XLIX Logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cfIfx3Q34o

6 Replies

Derek Eilderts, October 15, 2021 at 2:33 pm

Looks like Ragbrai is 8 days now. Maybe an organized route to the Missouri river on the first Saturday or perhaps a loop beginning and ending at the first overnight town. Or both I guess. Sounds like fun if true.

Uncle Kraig, October 15, 2021 at 3:47 pm

Someone from RAGBRAI commented on a FB post regarding the reference to 8 days. Their response effectively was that it was a nod and acknowledgement to the starting town being the 1st day, with Sunday, the first day of riding, being day two of RAGBRAI; not an additional day of riding.

This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Uncle Kraig.

LawnchairMan, October 17, 2021 at 11:59 am

Yes, it’s not an additional day of riding. if you click on the logo blog part of the text says,

“This includes the day-long RAGBRAI Expo in our first Overnight Town, and seven days of cycling as riders head to the Mississippi.”

Even the start date shown at the top right of the web page is the 23d. That’s Saturday. Does that mean the count-down will be for six am on the 23d? Does this mean I count Friday when I check in with my charter, so it’s nine days? Yes, I’m being ridiculous and so is Ragbrai. It’s been a SEVEN-day ride across the state since 1974, and the start has been on Sunday!

PS I have purchased three jerseys that I thought have good logos. I’m still waiting for another.

This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by LawnchairMan.

Amanda, October 17, 2021 at 6:46 pm

The logo is quite unique this time. It reminds me of the felt boards in grade school. It looks whimsical! I like it.

Derek Eilderts, October 18, 2021 at 9:17 am

OK I guess I was fooled by the 8 day thing. I had never seen that before. Maybe they could hand out patches for completing the expo. I have a new goal for 2022 – Finish the 8 day ride in 7 days!

LawnchairMan, October 18, 2021 at 7:42 pm

Hmmm . . . am I slow on the uptake or am I way off track? The thought just struck me that the “Across Iowa in 8 Days” could be a play on Jules Verne’s book title “Around the World in 80 Days”. Part of that adventure was done in a hot air balloon, so it fits. If so, it is encouraging to me that this would be a one-time “8 Day event”.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI