The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Just Go Bike pre ride podcasts

I always enjoy the weekly podcast but this weeks coverage of the pre ride has me excited and a bit overwhelmed. We don’t want to miss anything the great people of Iowa have in store for us but it seems there is going to be so many cool things to enjoy it will be impossible to do it all. I am going to make a cheat sheet of the highlights so it will be easier. I already have a short list of must do’s. Mr Pork Chop is one. What are yours?

2 Replies

T. Gap Woo, June 14, 2019 at 8:36 am

Don’t pass by the hit-and-miss engines hooked up to the churns cranking out homemade ice cream! They are usually located next to the Amish pie ladies, who offer a plethora of homemade pies of all varieties. Buy the pie first, then get a big dollop of ice cream on top. It’s better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Also, please support the “locals” (church groups, Scouts, firemen etc.)

I’ll let beer aficionados sing the praises of the Iowa craft beer tent.

See you along the I-O-Way in 2020.

Walter Jones, June 14, 2019 at 10:11 am

Don’t pass by the hit-and-miss engines hooked up to the churns cranking out homemade ice cream! They are usually located next to the Amish pie ladies, who offer a plethora of homemade pies of all varieties. Buy the pie first, then get a big dollop of ice cream on top. It’s better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Also, please support the “locals” (church groups, Scouts, firemen etc.)
Pie & Ice cream share #2 on my list! Ice Cream made with a antique hit-and-miss engine has to be awesome. Home made pie makes it sound even better. We live in a small town so we are believers in supporting the local folks.

This reply was modified 2 days, 17 hours ago by  Walter Jones.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014