JustGoBike Podcast – who is following?

I am checking in on who is listening to the JustGoBike Podcast. http://www.justgobike.net for past episodes and subscribing on your favorite purveyor of finer podcasts.

9 Replies

KenH, May 27, 2017 at 10:12 pm

I’ve listened to the first dozen or so but I’m behind now.It’s a good listen!

RDaryl Daryl, May 27, 2017 at 10:54 pm

ONE !

Michael Walker, May 28, 2017 at 12:37 am

I have listened to every one of the Podcasts. Honestly I am bored with it all. I am about to unsubscribe but I’m hanging on hoping it will turn around and be a big help. I am a first time RAGBRAI rider and I thought the Podcast would give me insight on how to approach the week to get the most out of the ride. I thought the hosts would discuss different ideas about how to prepare, what to bring, do/don’ts, charters services, services RAGBRAI supplies to each rider, and so forth. I wanted to be educated about some details of the ride that usually only experience and history gives up. About the only thing I have learned is that the hosts only want to talk about pie.
Sometimes they will get close to some details that will help a newbie like me and it starts to get interesting, is just about the time the hosts will hijack the interview and turn it away from RAGBRAI to discuss passing bike laws in Iowa. It’s not that, that’s unimportant but does that apply to what would interest the average rider.
I hope it improves and helps RAGBRAI riders specifically

markwyatt, May 28, 2017 at 5:21 pm

I don’t think it has ever been intended to be a tutorial on RAGBRAI. Once you experience your RAGBRAI, I think you will find there is no right way to do the ride. (There are plenty of wrong ways, but not one right way.) These forums are probably the best way to learn the tips & tricks of the ride. There is history and experience and people are willing to share. I’m glad you are here and participating.

I hope you stick around because I think some of that content will be coming up as the ride draws near. I also hope the pod continues to explore the wider and weirder world of bicycling.

FastEddy, May 28, 2017 at 6:53 pm

I’ve listened to each episode. Really enjoy your efforts Mark, thanks.
The weekly bike ride schedule doesn’t apply to me as I’m in Ohio.
Keep up the good work.

Bernard Schwartze, May 28, 2017 at 8:54 pm

I’ve listened to each episode. Not quite what I thought but it has been good to keep me inspired. I too am looking forward to my first RAGBRAI. I enjoy the weekly ride info segment although I live out of state. Had no idea about some of the rides around Des Moines. Want to ride the High Tressle Trail someday. Parrot Talk is good too. The interviews are ok, some better than others. My favorite kind of pie is French Silk.

igor, May 29, 2017 at 7:55 am

I’ve been a subscriber since episode 0. I love it! Episode 19 might have been the best yet.

KenH, May 29, 2017 at 11:03 am

If you tuned in looking for a RAGBRAI tutorial then I can see why you were disappointed. It’s not that. RAGBRAI is mentioned frequently, the pie question is obviously a RAGBRAI reference, and you might hear something of benefit to a RAGBRAI newbie, but that is not its purpose. As Mark said, if you want THAT you come HERE! You will get far more information here than there and you will get personal attention here which you can get there only through Parrot Talk, if your question makes the cut!

It is a show devoted primarily to the kind of cycling that RAGBRAI typifies but it touches on all things bicycle. When it discusses the law as it relates to cycling it focuses on Iowa law but the topics are applicable in every state and knowing what cyclists in Iowa are trying to do with the law and who it is that is leading the Iowa effort gives you ideas to try in your own state and names of people in Iowa you can contact to get more information or collaborate with. It is a good listen as I said far more briefly above. If you have not tried it, you should. You might not find something of interest in every episode but if you keep listening you will find plenty to reward the time you devote to it.

Episode 19? I’m farther behind than I thought….

Amber Hall, May 30, 2017 at 1:39 pm

I’ve listened to each episode and at first was bummed it wasn’t more about RAGBRAI since I’m new this year; however, I quickly got over that. I am a bike podcast junkie and the interviews have been interesting. BTW, I like dutch apple pie.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLV – 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI