RAGBRAI LI Weeklong and Day Passes available until 7/5!

Large Van From Omaha to Sioux Center

Just curious if there would be interest if I were to rent a large van to take a load of bikers from the Omaha area on up to Sioux Center on Saturday, July 21st. We could obviously stop anywhere in between to pick someone up if needed. We also have considered renting another one from the Clinton area and bringing it back across the state to drop people back in the Omaha area, probably the airport. Usually it is cheaper to get a round trip plane ticket in and out of Omaha than to get separate one way tickets from different airports. If there is any interest in this, let me know and we’ll work out the details. As a fellow biker, I think it would be a blast, first, getting to know a van load of people before the ride, then trading stories all the way across the state after the ride!

7 Replies

gearhead, March 21, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I have a couple people possibly interested in your idea or chipping in for a shuttle from Omaha to Sioux Center. Let me know if you are still pursuing this.

pschieuer, March 21, 2012 at 4:41 pm

gearhead:
I have a couple people possibly interested in your idea or chipping in for a shuttle from Omaha to Sioux Center. Let me know if you are still pursuing this.

Yeah, still entertaining that. I’m assuming there will possibly be more interest after people find out if they got registered or not? Let me know though how many you got. The more we get the better deal we can do.

gearhead, March 27, 2012 at 12:38 pm

We have 7 in our group but the truck we are taking up, and then back from Clinton, holds 5 comfortably…….so we would be looking at having two for a your van rental/shuttle. Email me at sedonaz@cox.net to discuss this further.

Stephen, April 2, 2012 at 8:44 am

I am also interested, Flying in to Omaha Saturday – arriving 10 am. Shipping bike, so just 1 passenger and gear – would gladly chip in for a shuttle

gearhead, April 4, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Stephen, I have not heard back from pschieuer yet about the van but shoot me an email at sedonaz@cox.net We may be able to work something out and/or network. Also, are you flying out of omaha after the ride, and looking for transportation back across the state from Clinton?

pschieuer, April 4, 2012 at 3:03 pm

Gearhead and Stephen, I’m still planning on running the van, provided we get a few more guys. It’s not really worth it for only three people. What I’m planning on doing is waiting til after the lottery results are announced and see if there is more interest once people know for sure they are registered and going. My email address is Pschieuer@gmail.com. Feel free to contact me. Hopefully there will be some more interest in about a month and we’ll finalize this deal. Thanks.

Livingmy1Life, April 5, 2012 at 10:56 am

I have a van that my group is driving out from Philly. We are looking for a driver. Since we are all riding, there will room to carry gear for at least a few people along the route.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters