Latest on TJ

“Dear Friends –
It has been a great 17-year ride here in Iowa! I want to thank you for the great times and lifetime friendships that we have made here in the Midwest. It is now time for that next chapter… We will be heading to Tucson, Arizona at the end of the summer for new adventures.
I am excited about the opportunity to help with El Tour de Tucson. El Tour is one of the country’s top cycling events and part of the culture of cycling in Arizona. Perhaps what appeals to me the most about El Tour is that since 1983 their events have raised over $100 million for local and international charitable organizations. I look forward to working on these great events.
I will be back in Iowa next summer to ride with you across the state on Iowa’s Ride from Dubuque to Rock Rapids on July 18-24, 2021. This semi-supported ride will be FREE for everyone that was originally registered to ride on Iowa’s Ride this summer. The purpose of the journey is simple: support Iowa’s small towns and their businesses, which we could not do this summer due to COVID-19.
If you make it down to Tucson, give me a shout, I’d love to hear from you.
Wish us luck on our new adventures!
TJ Juskiewicz”

18 Replies

mootsman, June 15, 2020 at 10:48 am

TJ did great things for RAGBRAI and I wish him luck. It was a troubled ending though.

That aside I doubt IR will actually ever happen unless they try and be something different then RAGBRAI. I’d suggest a route that begins and ends in the same place to simplify rider logistics. And coordinate a little with RAGBRAI by 1) ending on the Friday before RAGBRAI or 2) Starting on the Sunday after RAGBRAI. Then also have their base town be close to one of those 2 towns. This way IR would benefit from those who want to do both -AND- from those who just want a logistically simpler ride. But with TJ and most of the original staff gone, I’d give it a <10% chance of going.

I do wish both sides could have been able to look past this though and bring TJ back in. TJ says, “sorry” and the DMR saying we never meant to silence your opinion.

This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by mootsman.

This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by mootsman.

Bill Otto, June 18, 2020 at 3:54 pm

Let’s remember we can all have different views and opinions. Let’s not make it personal. We can all go for a ride and maybe a beer and enjoy ourselves.

Dizzy, June 26, 2020 at 5:54 pm

Greetings,
I road Tour de Tucson in 2013. What a great ride despite experiencing the first rain-soaked Tour of their history. If you get a chance, don’t miss TdT. It’s well organized, beautiful landscapes and one of the best one day events I’ve done.
All the best to TJ and chapeau for his service to RAGBRAI. D

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015