RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Laundry-mats

Will I need quarters to use a laundry-mat, or do they accept bills now? Anyone know? It has been several years since I have needed a laundry-mat at Ragbrai, so I just want to be prepared. (I haven’t gone stinky. I have been paying for a service.)

5 Replies

direwolf, January 2, 2023 at 5:01 pm

The last few laundromats I patronized required quarters, but had change machines that accepted small bills. In overnight towns there is often a queue for washers; change machines and detergent dispensers are often depleted. Day-to-day alternatives: wash clothes whilst in the shower, wash clothes under spigot in city park, utilize sink in Casey’s bathroom.

hnschipper, January 2, 2023 at 7:04 pm

We save up quarters through the year and take our own supply. We don’t want to rely on a change machine that turns out to be empty.

LawnchairMan, January 2, 2023 at 9:56 pm

direwolf and hnshipper,
Thank you for your inputs. Since I usually ride early, supplies shouldn’t be depleted for me. I will, though, pass this along to my club riders who may not be get into town as early.

This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by LawnchairMan.

jelly0317, January 3, 2023 at 9:12 am

Another alternative: bring enough clothes that you don’t need to use a laundromat.

Joe Chavis, January 8, 2023 at 5:41 am

I found laundromats my first RAGBRAI. Then I realized that 7 riding kits, do not take that much space in a duffle… Each to his own learning curve, I suppose.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI