Laundry Service

Can anyone recommend a mid week laundry service? I hear that PBV has that service but I’m using Bubba’s Pampered Pedalers and it is not provided. Thanks in advance

9 Replies

Michrider !!!, April 26, 2016 at 4:37 pm

I suggest you make some phone calls. I know PBV does a great job with laundry service. I don’t know about other charters.
https://ragbrai.com/about/charter-services/

trek2300, April 26, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Brancel Charters has a mid week laundry option. I use Brancel every year I ride but have never used their laundry option.

Brian Wallenburg, April 26, 2016 at 6:19 pm

What are you looking to have laundered? riding clothes? if so, a large number of riders wash their riding clothes in the shower, hang it to dry and wear it again. I swear some riders bring only one set of clothes. As long as you do it quickly and not in the sink, people usually don’t mind. Another option is knock on a door and ask permission to use the garden hose. It’s Iowa, people feel good when they are helping others out and they typically love the interaction with riders.

czysk, April 26, 2016 at 8:52 pm

We can usually locate a laundromat in the overnight town. It can be a pain in the neck but clean clothes are worth it. If you are doing riding clothes you can get a real large ZipLoc bag 16″x16″ approx. Bring along some single wash packs of Tide liquid and put the clothes,water,and Tide in the bag. Seal the bag and shake and slosh the bag for awhile. Take the clothes out and rinse under a faucet,wring them out and hang them up to dry. It helps to bring a short piece of rope and some clothes pins from the dollar store.

This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by czysk.

Mike Murphy, April 26, 2016 at 9:50 pm

I have used Brancel the last four years, they do a great job with laundry. I looked into Bubba years ago but saw that they didn’t offer laundry and after dealing with the pain of finding a laundromat when I was with a small team I knew I wanted a charter that had that service. Good luck

SFC JKL 2, April 26, 2016 at 10:13 pm

I just wear the couple kits I need washed into the shower. On the crazy side, it’s Iowa. Walk up to a house (preferably with people sitting outside) and ask them if you can do a load. You’ll be amazed what people will let you do if you ask. Offering a few bucks never hurt either…

jwsknk, April 27, 2016 at 8:00 am

I usually take 4 sets of riding cloths, so 1-3 times I need to rinse something out. Depends on where we are staying and the weather. Things left outside overnight are usually wetter in the morning than at 10pm.

sdickes, April 27, 2016 at 4:27 pm

For me, the best option has always been to wear my dirty riding clothes into the shower and wash them off as I shower. I then string some twine around the outside of my tent and pin the wet clothes on there. With the sun shining on them all afternoon/evening they are usually dry by the time I turn in for the night.

Michrider !!!, April 27, 2016 at 5:38 pm

During RAGBRAI week, we spend a lot of time in a shower line and/or laundry sink or line. I’ve proposed my idea every year since 2006. If we all skip the shower line, then skip the laundry tub and,or or line, who would know? We’d all smell equally foul so everyone would think if was someone else! It might take a while to catch on but think of the time savings! That’s a lot of time we could save for beer drinking and or for socializing with the opposite sex! Wait, that may not be such a good idea! BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care bout no clean bodies or clotthes!!!! Yeah, I know y’all think it’s a great idea, admit it!!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015