Leaving a car in Atlantic?

I’m riding 7 days, but my son is going to ride with me only on Day 1. Thought is to have him drop off his car in Atlantic sometime Saturday and leave it there so it’s waiting for him when he rides in Sunday afternoon.

Anything suggestions on where to leave it so that it’s safe and legal?

5 Replies

Lisa Weaver, July 15, 2019 at 8:33 pm

Hi there. I am riding only Day 1 and Day 2 this year. I was born and raised in Atlantic and plan on riding to our family farm on Sunday which is 3 miles East of Atlantic (right along the RAGBRAI route). If he doesn’t mind riding a few extra miles, I’m sure my dad won’t mind him parking his vehicle at the farm.

Blakely Garrity, July 15, 2019 at 8:50 pm

Hi Lisa, I am considering starting the route from Atlantic on Day #2. I am not able to make it to the start on Sunday. I saw that you had replied to another person looking to park their car in Atlantic. Would your father be willing for one more car at his farm? I am willing to pay! If not, I completely understand and am wondering if you have other suggestions for where I could park a car in Atlantic? Thank you.

Jboz, July 15, 2019 at 9:19 pm

I heard back from the Chamber of Commerce. They recommended parking at the Walmart which he’s going to do.

Lisa, thanks for the offer.

Lisa Weaver, July 15, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Hi Blakely! You may have already seen the other comment but the Atlantic Chamber suggested parking at Wal-Mart on the east side of town. Let me know if you are OK with that, otherwise I’m sure my dad won’t mind you parking at the farm. Lisa

Mark Johnson, July 16, 2019 at 10:50 am

If you want to park downtown near the entertainment, you can park in the Fareway parking lot. They are closed on Sunday. the manager only asks that you park near the street.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015