Lefty is a pain!!!

Lefty and the surgeon have picked tomorrow morning for our 4th surgery! It’s still the best left knee we have!!! We are confident that everything will work out great, just great!!! The plan, for Lefty and me, is to be in shape and ready to ride RAGBRAI 2018! This will be Big Orange Trikes first RAGBRAI!!!!

BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!

8 Replies

T. Gap Woo, November 2, 2017 at 2:10 pm

Is this Lefty 3.0 or Lefty 2.3? I hope all goes well and you get back in the saddle soon.

Think positively. You’ll have all winter to rehab Lefty. Try rolling a beer keg back and forth while seated, to flex the knee. If the keg is too heavy, try draining it first. Heck, drain it first and then roll it. No sense in flattening the beer!

See you along the I-O-Way in 2018.

Michrider !!!, November 2, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Hi Woo, it’s just Lefty. We ran out of numbers! We will be ready with the Big Orange Trike!!!

Michrider !!!, November 5, 2017 at 1:34 pm

Lefty and I are recuperating well, after Friday’s surgery. My surgeon removed a ton of scar tissue. Currently, I am able to walk with minor pain. This will be a quick recovery. My MD told me I could return to riding my trike, when the PT’s give me approval. That should be in a few weeks. I’m glad this is behind me!

T. Gap Woo, November 5, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Woo Hoo to you and Lefty from Mrs Woo and me. Sounds like all went well and you’ll be as good as you ever were, and in short order.

As winter approaches the Woo neighborhood, the bike rack is off the car and the snow tires are on. I’m bringing the Trek inside and setting up the Cycleops trainer in the basement. Indoor training commences this week, as Ragbrai 46 is just around the corner.

See you along the I-O-Way next year.

SFC JKL 2, November 5, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Good to hear everything is going good. Keep the ice and meds flowing and get that PT knocked out. You might have to look into getting one of those electronic gizmos to help you up the hills.
It’s not a beauty contest. Ragbrai don’t care.

Bob Amlie, November 7, 2017 at 12:12 am

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Tim McTaggart, November 18, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Much- how about an update? Doubt you are back on the saddle yet. Are you able to sit on a curb and drink a beer yet?

Michrider !!!, November 19, 2017 at 3:58 pm

[quote quote=1278844]Much- how about an update? Doubt you are back on the saddle yet. Are you able to sit on a curb and drink a beer yet?[/quote]

I’m doing well. It was orthoscopic surgery, 3 small incisions. My surgeon cut out a boatload of scar tissue, that was causing pain. I’m healing well. Took the Big Orange Trike out the other day when temps got up to 50 degrees. No curb sitting until Spring! Thanks Tim and everyone else who has sent good wishes my way!

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI