Registration deadline extended to April 15 for weeklong rider, weeklong non-rider, and vehicles passes!

License plates?

I have noticed a couple people have mentioned their license plates on their bikes. I wonder if others also have one as I do. Mine just says David but there is also a small yellow pin hanging off of it that says Iowa State Patrol. I will acknowledge any that I see and please shoot me some encouragement as you pass me. So please post if you have one and if you don’t get one!

I don’t post very much but I read everything and I feel I know most of you now.

Go RAGBRAI!
Go Iowa!
Go USA!

7 Replies

Michrider !!!, July 11, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Were they talking about the ones sent out by RAGBRAI in the packets?null

mrwonderful, July 11, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Oh my I didn’t know such a thing existed! Mine is a plastic Iowa license plate I bought somewhere when I was traveling along with one for my wife, long since lost. I’ve had it for many years and on a couple different bikes.

On the Bacoon ride early it was always “hi Dave” or “hello David” etc, but late in the day it was “hang in there Dave” from the young children and their grand-parents.

wimpy

Ken, July 11, 2014 at 9:16 pm

I have a South Carolina replica that has my name (Ken) on it.

T. Gap Woo, July 11, 2014 at 9:52 pm

As you fly past me while I “poke” along, give a shout-out to T. Gap Woo. That’s my Pennsylvania license plate.

See you along the I-O-Way in a few more days.

Luv 2 Ski, July 12, 2014 at 12:04 am

We will have a 2008 Mid West Tandem Rally license plate that reads TEAM ANDERSON, Crystal Lake IL. hanging off the back of our tandem. It is a replica of the Illinois auto plate, and is from the rally held in Springfield IL. that year. Riding a Meridian Tandem, Champagne and Green Fade.

Racingmom, July 13, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Racingmom, Stacy from Los Angeles. I’ll be pedaling as fast as I can as you pass me by! Say hello.

jwsknk, July 14, 2014 at 8:23 am

I still have the one from the 1995 LA to DC Iowa 150 crossing on the back, till being held by the same little skunk.

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLII – 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI