RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Location of Bike

I had an accident on Day 7 just before Moscow. I suffered a concussion and was transported by ambulance to the hospital in Muscatine. I don’t know the condition or location of my bike. I’ve emailed and called RAGBRAI but haven’t received a response. Does anyone have an idea as to how I should proceed?

6 Replies

bugs11, August 1, 2018 at 3:01 pm

Check with the ambulance service that transported you and local law enforcement that covered the scene. For an accident in a town it would be the towns police department (PD) or Sheriff department – if the town doesn’t have a PD. Accident in the county could be Sheriff department or State Troopers, State Troopers if accident occurred on a State Highway.

No matter what some governmental agency filled out an accident report and the disposition of your bicycle should be recorded on that report. Good luck.

hnschipper, August 1, 2018 at 3:15 pm

I believe the sag wagon comes along and picks up any bikes that were left after an accident (these are the bikes you see with the bright pink ribbon tied to them and no riders with them.) I don’t know what happens to the bikes from there.

Jared, August 1, 2018 at 8:23 pm

we are still unloading items from the week. If the bike has the bike band on it with the number, we will gladly get it back as soon as we can. Hope you are ok from your accident

Michael Nikula, August 4, 2018 at 3:13 pm

Very good.
I rode the sag wagon part of the day on Thursday. He picked up a couple of “medical bikes” that day.
I had a medical incident in Iowa City and was told my bike was taken to Des Moines for boxing up and shipping back to me.
Is there any idea how long this will take?
Will I receive a text or mail notification of its shipping?

Jared, August 4, 2018 at 4:10 pm

Shoot me an email with your wristband number and a good description of the bike. The bikes have bands that we can match up. Write me at tj at Ragbrai.com

Michael Nikula, August 4, 2018 at 7:08 pm

My wristband number is 250490.
The bike is a matte black Cannondale Synapse road bike with orange piping, disk brakes, a frame bag and a seat bag. The bike tag was around the steer tube at the front.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters