Register for day passes through June 1, 2022!

Looking for a group

Signing up solo and it’s my first time on the ride. Fired up and it’s on my bucket list. Any suggestions for hooking up with a group? Other advice/direction from you experienced riders?

5 Replies

Michrider !!!, February 28, 2017 at 10:33 am

Talk to the people at your local bike shop. They probably know someone who is doing the ride!!!

reddog1, February 28, 2017 at 12:59 pm

Where are you coming from and what are you looking for in a group?

KenH, February 28, 2017 at 2:35 pm

There are several teams looking for members if you would like to go with a team. For that matter my small team is not really looking for riders but if you can bring a friend who doesn’t want to ride but is comfortable driving a small motorhome for us we could make room for a couple more…. There are several charters at a wide range of price points if you would like a charter. I tent camped last year for the first time and went with the Riverbend Club Charter, one of the cheapest. You can get a lot more in the way of service and amenities if you pay a lot more but Riverbend did a great job at a great price so you don’t have to pay a lot to get a the peace of mind (for you and for those back home who might worry about you) that a good charter provides. Welcome aboard, you will love it! Good luck with crossing it off your bucket list however, it is famous for being quite addictive.

Roger White, February 28, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Cathy,
Our bike club from Cedar Falls/Waterloo, Iowa area has a group charter and we welcome others to join us.
Our Cedar Valley Cyclists’ RAGBRAI® Charter is open for registration. It includes air-conditioned charter-style bus transport to and from the ride, parking in Waterloo all week, bike and baggage transport, camping every night in reserved campgrounds as well various amenities in camp. Contact Roger@RideCVC.org or visit the website: http://www.ridecvc.org/ragbrai/
Roger

gburban, March 1, 2017 at 2:48 pm

My group has used Quad Cities Bicycle Club as a charter for several years with good results. We are from Wisconsin. Same basic package the Cedar Valley Cyclists.

http://www.QCBC.org

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLV – 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI