Looking for a team

My wife and I will be riding for the first time. Looking for fun, support, well I think that is it? Anyone need riders?

12 Replies

Thomas Roberts, October 23, 2018 at 9:44 am

Bill,

Where do you live? A friend and I are starting a team in Upstate South Carolina.

Tom Roberts

bmyoungberg, October 26, 2018 at 6:43 pm

Ride solo. Truck is free and easy. Meet people at campground and while riding. Support is there for gear on truck, cheap showers, etc. You can do whatever you want in evening. Free camp is quiet and orderly. Not sure why people pay hundreds of dollars for a team.

This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by bmyoungberg.

Dawn Kreutz, October 26, 2018 at 8:02 pm

My cousin and I are from the Des Moines area and are looking for a few people to ride with us. We will be bringing a camper this year after 5 years of tents.

Neil Jolly, January 10, 2019 at 7:58 pm

where are you coming from, we have a group from our church out of Joliet Il.

Odie Mason, March 23, 2019 at 8:17 am

We are a legacy RAGBRAI Bike Club out of Sioux City IA. We will be loading and unloading in both Sioux City and Council Bluffs. April 1 is the on-line deadline to register and purchase a RAGBRAI Siouxland Cyclists team jersey. We offer an optional bus transport for $100 with drop offs in Council Bluffs and Sioux City. Visit our website at Siouxlandcyclists.org. Click RAGBRAI 2019. You must purchase a RAGBRAI wrist band. $175. Join our club $20. Week long SAG $180-includes: No lines–No waiting–weeklong transport of luggage; new warm shower system; private camp port-a-potty; power for devises; daily hospitality tent; friendly people; RAGBRAI assigned campsites; AND and extra day of riding–Ride to RAGBRAI Sioux City to Council Bluffs–Join our facebook page at Siouxland Cyclists RAGBRAI SAG.

Carrie Halle, March 25, 2019 at 2:00 pm

We are a team of newbies out of St.Charles/Geneva, IL. Foxy Ragamuffins. Join us!

PAM JUSTEN, April 10, 2019 at 9:21 am

Our Chicago based C.U.B.S. team has room for a few more riders.
The CUBS are the Chicago Urban Bicycling Society. We are a volunteer-led community of riders who join together each year to ride RAGBRAI, enjoy the hospitality of the people of Iowa, and give a little bit back to the state that welcomes the world every July.

When you join the CUBS, you don’t send a check to a charter company. You join a team. We support each other, and we support our Iowa partner, Camp Courageous, a year-round camp for individuals with disabilities. every cent you pay goes to cover the costs of the trip.

Non-profit doesn’t mean non-comfort. We ride to the start and from the finish in a luxury bus. We arrange to camp in hosts’ yards (and use their indoor facilities). We always spend at least one night in a hotel, and we also have stayed in gyms, funeral homes, country clubs, dorms and boathouses. We hire a top-notch crew to transport our luggage, do our shopping, set up our breakfast and snack tables, and do everything to keep us running. For an extra fee, you can arrange for a massage with our licensed massage therapist, or get the crew to set up your tent.

This is not a race – you can even ride with our crew if you want a day off from the ride. We hope that you will join the CUBS. Send us a message to find out how.
More Info:
http://ragbraicubs.org/index.php

Michael Laine, April 17, 2019 at 9:10 am

Any room available with your group yet?

Bill Tourdot, April 17, 2019 at 10:25 am

We did find a team and Thank You! to everyone who responded. If people are as great on the ride as they have been responding, this is going to be really fun!

Odie Mason, April 17, 2019 at 5:15 pm

Hi Michael. There is room available on the Siouxland Cyclists team. (out of Sioux City IA, but have riders from several states). Our website is Siouxlandcyclists.org. Please contact me if you want further information

Kelli Libby, April 22, 2019 at 11:35 am

Lost and Found Adventures is one of the oldest charters with RAGBRAI.
Our charter offers a number of options…
We are a family owned and ran business.
1. Airport pick up and drop off is provided this year by Holiday Inn / Ameristar, for our riders convenience.
2. An air-conditioned Charter coach bus from Keokuk back to Council Bluffs, the start town.
3. Baggage support across Iowa.
4. Camp showers daily (where permitted).
5. Ice cold refreshments.
6. Hot coffee in the AM.
7. Tent service, small set up, or Large all inclusive.
8. Check us out. http://www.lfadventures.com/home-page.html

Blimpy, July 1, 2019 at 1:14 am

If you are looking for a bus team that is a NO DRAMA team then TEAM ROTR is for you. We are out of Rochester Mn and have riders fro, 18yrs old to 60+ we limit the team at 30 riders and provide full support, 2 meals per day, showers, bus and support crew and more. Let me know if you want more details. We have a ton of fun but yet can mellow it out as well.

Brett Landon
Robinevents1@gmail.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015