RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Looking for people to ride with

I am a 62 year old male from Appleton Wi, this will be my second RAGBRAI. Last year I rode by myself and had a great time, meant many wonderful people. However, this year, ’cause I kinda know what I am doing would like to ride with some people. I made the whole route last year, but never got in before 6. There were two reasons for this, first I stopped at anything that looked like fun (e.g. the guy who turned his sloping front yard into a water slide) and I don’t pedal real fast :-)

14 Replies

d_jimbo, April 8, 2012 at 8:52 pm

I don’t ride fast either. Don’t know who I am riding with this year. Who did you travel with last year, did you go with a group

mtbmed, April 9, 2012 at 11:36 am

I’d luv to start a day with ya, just to say hey to another ‘sconsiner! I’ll be honest and say I don’t plan to dally on a couple days. Plan to play hard for a couple days. Ya know get a mix in there. This is my first RAGBRAI.
50, from Plymouth … like long walks on the beach … LOL j/k Well, really I do but my wife has some charge of whom I walk with :-)
See ya there! Maybe even on the road before hand – not so far away from ya.

Jacob, April 9, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Charles, I will look for you I am slow riders :) I like to cruse at 10 to 13 so yes I am slow also I love to chat and meet people, since you are a guy you are wife approved :mrgreen:

Ragbrai Nation, April 9, 2012 at 8:58 pm

10-13 mph is a GOOD Ragbrai speed 8)

Chirpy, April 10, 2012 at 6:46 am

Charles,,, I dont think you will have any problems finding someone to ride with, but, if you do, I would be happy to. That is, if you dont mind riding with a “bent trike”. It seems that some people have issues with “bents” but oh well. One thing about talking to a person riding a bent is that anyone on an upright does not have to strain their next to look up to see whom they are talking to so it is ‘comfort for all’.. see you on the ride…..

newbe, April 26, 2012 at 8:20 am

Charles,
63 from Peoria, IL and a newbe. 10 to 13 mph is a good speed for us old folks. I’m riding with my next door neighbor who is 31 and a newbe also. Let me know if you would care to ride with us.

d_jimbo, April 30, 2012 at 7:44 am

Newbe:
Who are you traveling with, or is the register hauling your gear? I still need a group to ride with.
Jim

newbe, April 30, 2012 at 8:34 am

Charles,

We’re riding with the register, if we’re picked in the lotto……

WIbiker, May 2, 2012 at 9:12 am

HIGH FIVES all around to those folks from WISCONSIN!!! I moved here last July from Milwaukee and just bought my first road bike a few months ago. I’m planning on riding the whole week, but like those who are new to IA, I don’t have a team. I was thinking of joining the gang at Bike World just to have some sort of “team.” I plan on riding in a WI badger jersey part of the time so maybe I’ll see you all on the ride!!!

CyclingCyclone, May 2, 2012 at 2:30 pm

WIbiker: HIGH FIVES all around to those folks from WISCONSIN!!! I moved here last July from Milwaukee and just bought my first road bike a few months ago. I’m planning on riding the whole week, but like those who are new to IA, I don’t have a team. I was thinking of joining the gang at Bike World just to have some sort of “team.” I plan on riding in a WI badger jersey part of the time so maybe I’ll see you all on the ride!!!

I’ll be sporting my Capital Brewery Captial Amber jersey on one of the days. On Wisconsin!

robb884, May 3, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Hey Jim!

My buddy and I are riding this year for the first time. 28 years old from the Milwaukee area. Would love to hang with some fellow Sconnies!

Rob

longrider42, May 4, 2012 at 11:29 am

Any riders from Wyoming or Colorado? I hope I wont be the only one.

Cindycycle, May 4, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Hi Charles! I too am a second year rider. Last year I only signed up for one day because I was unsure if I could do it! Found out I loved RAGBRAI! 8-10 mph is comfy for me. I am slow but steady. I am 60 this year and going to try for a 2 day ride. CR to Anamosa then Anamosa to Clinton. Last year I rode by myself. But found out you are never alone at RAGBRAI. Nice to have a riding gang though. Let me know how we could meet up if you are interested. :lol:

Randy, May 4, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Charles
I will ride with you if you don’t mind a guy from Illinois. My son is in law school at UW and loves it. My wife will not be joining me this year so by myself.

Randy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI