The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa

Looking for riders in Oskaloosa area

Looking for riders in the Oskaloosa area that want to ride and train for ragbrai

3 Replies

Larry Klaaren, January 16, 2019 at 9:00 pm

Jeff, I ride in Osky every third weekend or so on Saturday and Sunday. I go there to visit my dad at the Care Center. I usually ride the Mahaska trail (two or three times around) or hit the hills just out of town. If I ride the trail, I like to do the hill just off the trail on Carbonado several times, like three times each time around. There is a really pretty, hilly trail that starts in Pella and goes out to Fifield by Red Rock. It is called the Volksweg. But I am looking for new routes. If you can’t get a group, we could ride together a bit. Caveat: I do this early a.m. so I can get to the Care Center.

Jeff Hansen, January 16, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Larry I like to ride early morning also. Me and wife like everything that you brought up plus we ride to the town of Bussey and back also.

Larry Klaaren, January 16, 2019 at 10:31 pm

I am planning on being there Saturday and Sunday. :-). When it gets nicer we could ride out by our farm between Fremont and Kirkville. If you ride gravel, cause that’s all there is. I will let you know when I am out there. If it above freezing I can go. I have to clear out a couple of medical issues, but I am feeling good about that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015

RAGBRAI XLII – 2014