Looking for transportation from Clinton to Chicago at the end of RAGBRAI

My bags and I are looking to get from Clinton to Chicago on either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. We’re happy to help with gas and any tolls. Let us know if you have room in your vehicle. Thanks!

10 Replies

Richard Arnopolin, January 29, 2020 at 3:04 pm

where do you live in the Chicago area?

Greg Bonfiglio, January 31, 2020 at 11:28 pm

Hi, Richard. I live in San Francisco, but after RAGBRAI, I’m going to visit friends in Chicago, in the Pilsen/Little Village area. Are you returning to Chicago via car after RAGBRAI?

Richard Arnopolin, February 1, 2020 at 9:00 am

yes I am but I live in Wheeling. Sorry, I can’t help you out.

Greg Bonfiglio, February 1, 2020 at 9:21 am

If I were to have the friend I’ll be visiting in Chicago drive to Wheeling to pick me up, might it work?

Craig Engstrom, February 4, 2020 at 11:45 pm

I will be driving to Glen Ellyn. If your friend picked you up or you caught the train to Chicago (45 mins) I could probably help you out.

KenH, February 5, 2020 at 9:45 am

I don’t know yet what my plans are for the last Saturday of RAGBRAI this year. I may be driving home alone in a small motorhome, or I may already have left the ride on Thursday evening if my team jointly decides to do part of IR too. I won’t know more until registration closes most likely. But I can say that in one previous year we carried a couple of riders home to the train station in Crystal Lake where I live. They were able to catch a Metra UPNW line train to a CTA Blue Line train to O’Hare for their trip back home. They had shipped their bikes but if I were able to help you this year carrying a bike would be no problem. So there are at least two options to meet up with your friend if anyone can get you to the Chicago area: have your friend meet you somewhere convenient to all parties or have your ride drop you off at a train station where you can take the train to someplace convenient for your friend to pick you up.

Larry Klaaren, February 5, 2020 at 11:01 am

Someone will help you, but plans are on the fluid side until closer to the ride. It’s just that way. You might want to check out Bicycle Illinois and see if they can bring you back to Chicago on a one way basis. You will end up downtown I believe, but you could UBER, take the train, or be picked up. There are a couple of other charters that originate and end in Chicago also.

Greg Bonfiglio, February 5, 2020 at 12:52 pm

Thank you, Craig. This sounds like a great option, and I’d like to plan on it. I’ll send you my contact information privately.

Greg Bonfiglio, February 5, 2020 at 12:53 pm

Thanks to KenH and Larry, as well. I appreciate the time you took to lay out some options for me. I’m very grateful. Greg

Tropictrev, February 9, 2020 at 1:58 am

Hi Greg, I too live in San Fran area and a RAGBRAI repeat offender!! I’m not sure of our return flights but have temporarily booked a one way van from Clinton to Midway which will probably have room for an extra passenger…email me directly. Cheers, Jean, Team Betty.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015