RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

Looking for Twin Cities team to join

My fiancé and I will be doing the full week this coming year and are hoping to find a team to join in on the fun with. Hoping to find a team that also does some social/training rides in the twin cities prior to July. Appreciate the feedback!

6 Replies

Michrider !!!, November 4, 2017 at 10:32 am

Do a google search and a Facebook search. You’ll find a team!!!

BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!

KenH, November 21, 2017 at 10:07 am

I know someone who is a member of this club and while he has no interest in RAGBRAI I suspect that some in the club would. They could help you to train at least and possibly point you to a local club that does do RAGBRAI even if they don’t themselves. Big local bike shops should also point you to RAGBRAI friendly clubs.

I’ve asked the RAGBRAI team to investigate Sun jack btw. Maybe they will delete his/her spam post above by the time anyone else checks into this thread but if not I believe help will be on the way soon.

mootsman, November 22, 2017 at 7:37 am

I am in the club Ken mentions, Twin Cities Bicycle Club. Some members indeed do RAGBRAI and some might even be on RAGBRAI Teams. TCBC itself does not have a RAGBRAI team though. Mitch-Rider’s suggestion will yield results also for Twin Cities RAGBRAI teams. The only 2 based in the Twin Cities that still exist that I know of are “The Loons” (short for loon-a-tic) and “Team Road Kill” (http://teamroadkill.org/). I went with TRK for a number of years before switching to a charter. TCBC has a forum of their own you can join to ask who is going in 2018. As far as social rides TCBC has tons of them. Local RAGBRAI teams, not so much.

Also worth considering is a centrally based Iowa team, somewhere near the I-35 corridor. Like Team Sop-N-Wet. They stage I think in Akeny maybe. Some charters offer deluxe services also like PBV’s tent service.

Hugh Hadlund, November 24, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Hi Katie, I live in the SW metro and am part of a VERY related (social) biking club named Shut Up & Pedal. Very relaxed about the biking thing. We have done RAGBRAI for many years and welcome new friends. In season we have a couple rides per week starting in Shakopee. Respond back to this forum if this sounds like a fit.

marcolaurenzo, November 24, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Katie: I ride with Hugh and the Shut Up & Pedal group as well. I can concur with his comments that this is a fun group, with several different levels of riders (male & female) but with a priority on having a good time. Good luck and hopefully we will see you on a ride.

Katie Honsey, January 8, 2018 at 10:37 am

Definitely interested. Would you mind sending me an email telling me a bit more about the team? Cost, logistics, training rides, etc?

Katie.honsey@gmail.com

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI